Chapter 4-Back to School

I'm updating again! Yay!

Elaina's POV

The next two days weren't eventful at all. I was super lazy. I spent most of the day with a cup of tea in the second level of my room, trying to decipher the feelings that were stirring in my core. I was itching to go back to the pack house. I tried to figure out why, but it was no use.

The third day was following in a similar matter, I had just finished my bowl of cereal in the kitchen before anyone else got up, and I made my cup of tea. I walked up the stairs and into my room silently, trying my hardest not to disturb any of my family members. I got into my room and climbed the ladder, sitting on the section of the built in window seats that faced the ocean. I watched the waves crashed as I folded my long legs in front of me. I placed my cup of tea in my lap.

I was about to roll the sleeves of my cream colored long sleeved shirt up when I noticed something very strange. A small wave was tattooed onto my wrist in elegant black ink. I knew what this meant. I had found my other half. How was this though? I had only seen a handful of boys since I'd moved here, and it certainly wasn't there when I lived in Florida. Who could mystery boy be?

I wore long sleeved shirts the next couple of days. I knew my dad wouldn't be happy when he found out. He wouldn't want to loose his little girl. Mom and dad enrolled me in a nearby high school. I wasn't looking forward to going.

It was the first day of November, and I wore another long sleeved outfit, not knowing when I was going to tell my dad but feeling that now wasn't the time. It was my first day at the new school. I didn't know anybody there.

After I showered, I brushed my hair out and decided to leave it down, only showing a hint of the blue highlights on the strands of hair in the back and at the bottom. I pulled on soft black leggings before putting on an off the shoulder grey top. I put on a bit of mascara and some chap stick before running down the stairs with my bag and throwing on my black converse. My brother was almost ready to go. Carson had to drive me on Mondays because they had a schedule. At the new school, they were a bit worried about the werewolves, so I was to be picked up and dropped off by one of my brothers every day. I walked into the kitchen where Carson threw me an banana and a water bottle. We walked out into Carson's jeep and I was ready to face the world (not).

We all got cars for our eighteenth birthday, and mine was in 12 days (November 12) Carson and Devin's birthday was in December, so I was only their age for about a month, and then they went back to being a year older than me.

"Ready?" Carson asked me, looking concerned. Every single one of my brothers was way overprotective of me. If I ever went on a date, they had to be in the restaurant with us, but not necessarily at our table.

"Oh shut up and drive," playfully punching him on the arm as he grinned.

As we arrived at the school, I noticed it was only 2 levels, one less than our school in Florida, but the perimeter was massive. It looked nice enough.

"Bye baby sis," Carson said, blowing me a kiss. I pretended to swat it away. He looked hurt. I smiled and so did he.

"Bye," I said, closing the car door. Still smiling slightly, I walked into the building and found the office. There was a woman sitting at the front desk gazing at the computer while chomping on an apple. There were a few grey streaks in her hair, but that was the only thing that exposed her age. Her muscles were very toned, which was unusual for a woman of her age. As I walked closer, I noticed she smelt like a wolf. That explained why she was so muscular.

"Excuse me," I said politely, not wanting to give a bad first impression.

"Oh hello, what can I help you with young lady?" She asked. I smiled.