Chapter 8

Haha so I'm not doing anything today and I decided to edit this story because I came up with a better storyline and I think I'm going to be better about updating, but then again, I also have commitment issues with this story so...

Elaina's POV

My brothers were sitting around the tv playing some video game that they'd had ever since they were 12.

They're such children.

I walked up the stairs to do my homework before dinner began.

*

After dinner, I changed into my pajamas and climbed the ladder to read my book in the fading daylight.

I had read a few chapters when the sun finally disappeared into the water.

In the distance, a wolf howled at the moon. I sighed, closing my book and glancing at the pack house on the hill, then began climbing down the ladder.

I brushed my teeth, and before I knew it the lights were off and sleep was finding me.

I almost jumped out of my bed when I heard a thump outside my window.

I rushed over with just enough time to see a fleeting shadow jump off the roof and run into the forest.

Justin.

*

I woke up feeling tired, seeing that I didn't get to sleep for a while after I saw Justin.

I braided my hair to the side, applying mascara and chapstick. My outfit consisted of light blue skinny jeans and a black shirt, though I wore a fuzzy jacket over it because of the worsening weather. It seemed gloomier than it had for the past week for some reason.

I was finishing my breakfast of toast and a yogurt when Josh ran down the stairs, humming loudly. He looked way more cheery than usual, and he was not a morning person, so I was beyond confused.

"Why are you so happy?" I asked, looking at him skeptically.

"No reason. It just feels like a good day," he replied, humming in between words.

I shook my head in disbelief but shrugged, deciding not to question his good mood which also heightened my spirits.0

We got into the car, and he hadn't stopped humming for one second.

"Okay, I love you and all, but you've been humming the same song for 10 minutes. Please stop, you're killing me," I said, glancing at him in the drivers seat.

"Oh come on, you know you want to sing with me," he replied suggestively.

"Maybe if it wasn't a song that's been on replay for 10 minutes," I said, poking him in the ribs.

"Alright, let's see what else we can find." He turned on the radio and when he heard the song, the volume button was almost broken.

So there we were, driving to my high school, getting dirty looks from our fellow drivers as we blasted the music.

"My anaconda don't! My anaconda don't! My anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hun!" We screamed together, probably both completely out of tune.

When we arrived at the school, the song had just ended, and we were still laughing.

I opened the door.

"Love you, have a good day," I said, smiling at him.

"Love you t-" he suddenly stopped, opening the drivers door and sprinting towards the school. He almost dove into the crowd of people. I rushed after him.

When I finally elbowed my way through the crowd I found my brother standing still as a statue staring at a girl with brown hair and hazel eyes, probably a foot shorter than him. She looked absolutely love-struck, and as I glanced at Josh, I realized what was happening.

He was holding his wrist, but I could see the tattoo beginning to etch its way onto his skin.

My brother had found his other half.

L8r

This is such a filler chapter omg