Chapter Thirty-One

I groaned when my alarm went off at 7.30am the next day. October break was now over, and it was time for the chaos of Christmas dance committees and mock exams to begin.

I used what little willpower I had to drag myself out of my bed and into the shower. First day of school, and this time I have a boyfriend. Holy crap. How was I going to have a relationship with Dylan in school? Did that mean I was going to have 'come out' or whatever? But come out as what? I wasn't gay, at least I really don't think I am cause I'm not thinking about other guys' penises all the time, well except for Dylan's, but then he is my boyfriend-

Okay. So I was freaking out. But that was to be expected, right?

I took a deep breath and leaned my back against the cool tiles. Think happy, positive thoughts. Release the negative energy...

What the fuck are you doing, Alec? Get a hold of yourself.

I turned off the water and got out of the shower and quickly got dressed before collapsing on my bed.

During the holidays it was so easy. It was just me and Dylan, we didn't have to care what anyone thought. We could just be ourselves around each other. I rubbed my hands over my face and groaned in frustration. I even went as far as to punch the wall.

"What?" I yelled as someone knocked on the door.

"Dude, what did the wall ever do to you?" asked Luke as he opened the door. I glared at him before pulling a pillow over my face.

I heard the door close then felt the mattress shift under added weight.

"You're freaking out," Luke sang, pulling the pillow away from my face.

"Is it that obvious?" I asked sarcastically before rolling onto my stomach and burying my face into the mattress. I heard Luke sigh.

"Can I borrow your phone?"

"Yeah," I mumbled into the bed. A few minutes later Luke began to talk.

"Hey, I was just wondering if you could talk to Alec cause he's kinda freaking out....yeah....you knew this would happen huh... haha okay, here he is." Luke held the phone against my ear. "Alec, take the bloody phone would you."

I took the phone from him and rolled over to face the ceiling.

"Hey," I said, knowing who it was Luke had called. Convinced that I was going to talk, Luke left the room and quietly closed the door behind him.

"Hey," replied Dylan. "You doing okay?"

"Yes. No. I don't know."

Dylan chuckled softly, and already I began to feel better just hearing his voice.

"I know what you mean. It's going to be okay, trust me. I'm not going to start making out with you in the middle of the hall or anything."

I had to laugh at that.

"But seriously, Alec. You don't need tell anyone anything. It's none of their business. I'm not going to go all boyfriend on you and demand that you hold your hand in front of everyone. I wouldn't do that."

"I know you wouldn't. I'm just not sure if I'm ready for other people to know yet."

"Hey, I totally understand. No one expects you to do anything, especially not me. Our friends all know and are fine, and that's all that matters. Screw everyone else."

I laughed again. He was right. I didn't have to do anything or act a certain way.

"Thank you, I was just acting stupid," I replied, getting off the bed.