Chapter 20.9: The Awoken Dream to Test the Heart - Firefight

"W-What in the Black Mist is this!?" In the backline, another rifleman exclaimed, others looked at what got their fellow rifleman so spooked: the beheaded corpses of their men.

"Haaaaa...!"

STAB

STATIC STATIC

One after another, a different rifleman suddenly charged past Hanz's and did a bayonet charge on the [Shield] Crea and the others are, causing sparks flying about. Of course, it did nothing but putting a nick on his blade.

"This kid!" The rifleman screamed. "He's making this... damn blue dome!"

Well, Crea was holding her two hands up in a chanting position. Even if Beohar knew no magic, it was pretty obvious she formed the [Shield].

ZAP

"Gah!"

A jolt of electricity hopped onto the spear-rifle and again, landing on the Palras Steel. The visored rifleman was surprised at the foreign sense of pain, letting go of his weapon and staggered back.

RATATA

And one of Hanz's floating machine guns finished him off.

37 riflemen killed, 15 + ??? left.

"I am a grown woman," Crea softly muttered, stressing the last two words, slowly.

Alicia was confused before remembering that the blue-haired girl was three years older than her despite being as tall as Owen. She seemed to be sensitive regarding her physical maturity. The gender assumption probably adds fuel to the fire (or power to the electricity?).

"Get behind the statues!"

The riflemen scattered, hiding behind the rows of statues on both sides of the brick road. It certainly took them a while for them to realize the advantage of taking cover, it's the first gunfight after all.

RATATA RATATA
RATATA

However, before they could do it, Hanz shot two of them down. One managed to get away though, quirking the soldier.

39 riflemen killed, 13 + ??? left.

RATATA

Hanz tried shooting through the nearest statue with a rifleman behind with the ignore Command. However, it seemed to have disintegrated by the native Fantasy Law before it could get through.

These statues in question were of various large Beosts that seemed to be almost life-sized on an equally absurdly sized pedestal (which were of the same size, so some Beost statues would barely fit the pedestal and vice versa). About half of the remaining riflemen could hide behind one of them which they did.

"Haa..." another rifleman sighed in relief, he saw that they had been reduced to almost a fifth of their forces. "You! Get reinforcements! Just detour through the garden!"

"Got it!" the other rifleman rushed northeast if you consider the Court Wizard's direction face as north, bending down as he ran to minimize his.

Master Will, take him out. (Hanz)

WHOOSH

"What the?" Another rifleman exclaimed as a gust of wind past him. He turned to the second dome, witnessing the pair of eyes as black as the Mist staring intently under the dull grey mask.

WHOOSH

As if it was luck or reflex, the messenger stopped as the slash of wind flew right below his helmet, rippling the plants.