Chapter 13.5: Bell Branch Troubles - Princess Rescue

Azhure: This should be fast to rewrite, just action scenes.

---

"There will be a hundred and three 'bandits' ambushing the carriage," Darc reported, flicking through his phone. "Ten of them are mages of unknown strength."

"Whoa! That's a lot of them!"

"Is that not too much?" Alicia asked.

"It's not," Jonathan shook his head. "Her highness' guards consist of thirty-five knights and five mages split into two support and three attackers. Each knight can take on three men at once and each attack mage is worth five."

"Overconfident much!?"

"His majesty had me oversee their training. I know they're capable," the war hero deadpanned. "In fact, Doug would need more than just a hundred and three to truly overwhelm them even with ten mages."

"I see..." Alicia nodded. Being trained by a known war hero and a Court Wizard would certainly vouch for their competence.

"So! You know the princess then!?"

"Of course I do."

"Ooh! Does she like you!?"

"Voice!" Alicia scolded.

"Well! It's pretty obvious the receptionist lady is smitten all over you and-"

BONK

"The super-duper cute pixie Voice is blasting off againnnnnnn!"

TING

"That said, if their objective is to kidnap the princess, Doug's men could occupy the knights while snatching her in the chaos," Jonathan then admitted.

"Alright," William spoke up. "We'll go like this."

---

"Y-You are...!" the princess gasped.

In the Rocky Pass on the fourth day after a certain group of Court Wizards began their operation in earnest, one Court Wizard stood with one foot on a downed bandit and a sword stuck on said bandit. In front of him was a carriage carrying the princess of this land who was the target of these assailants.

SHAAK

SLASH

"Your highness, open the door. Now." Jonathan nonchalantly yanked his sword off the dead man's chest as he told the princess and cut another bandit that tried to attack him from behind.

By then, four more bandits were defeated by the knights.

98 bandits left.

"O-Okay!" the princess yelped as she opened the carriage door, "eek!" and screamed as the severely wounded driver was thrown into the carriage.

"Heal him," Jonathan said, knowing she does, in fact, know some healing magic.

---

"You go to the carriage and kill anyone coming close to it. Since you know the princess and her knights, let them see your face so they know it's us," William explained.

---

Jonathan then shut the door and gave an Order.

STAB

"Guagh!"

"Aah!"

On the other side of the carriage, a green thorn-like structure erupted from behind another bandit prying the door open, piercing his nape. He died instantly, shocking the maid holding down that door.