Chapter 20.5: The Awoken Dream to Test the Heart - Continuing

Azhure: After three weeks of only achieving 5k words (3k words in the three parts of Chapter 20.4 and 2k words in More About the Otherworldly Court 5 (in my WordPress site)) I should be back to normal writing volume.

Voice: ...

Azhure: Not saying anything, Voice? Well, Enjoy.

---

Going back down the lobby, Alicia saw the state of the people thereafter.

The mercenaries seemed to have recovered, to say the least. With the icy bondage Owen formed expired, they got a hold of themselves and calmed down a bit with beverages presented by the other staff who came out.

At least until Alicia and company came back.

SPLASH

As one of them dropped their wooden cup, the mercenaries backed away as much as possible upon witnessing the Court Wizards' return. Some near the backroom retreated there. One male mercenary laid down on the couch just came to only to pass out again.

The staff, however, fared much better. As staff like them worked fulltime in this building, they naturally were told of the company's secret and so are generally used to the Court Wizard's presence. Nonetheless, they were still tense with the current predicament.

"D-Did you...?" Passing through the counter, the receptionist stuttered as she quivered out all her courage to inquire about that.

After all, those on two floors below could still hear the whole confrontation. And the loud argument between the manager and his secretary ending with a loud foreign sound i.e. a gunshot certainly didn't help either.

"You might still be able to save him," Rose answered gently. "Also, we took Lei to our world for a while. We will also need a horse carriage."

"...I-It's in the backroom, our staff will guide you there and... excuse me!" And the receptionist dashed upstairs.

Incidentally, the mercenaries who hid in the backroom immediately snuck out.

Rose then turned to the crowd, startling them for a bit. "You should help her," she told them.

After a few seconds, some of the staff swiftly did as the Court Wizard said. They were probably afraid of the consequences should they disobey her.

Owen, does this always happen?

...Yeah. Somehow, every debut of us always started when some idiot pulled off a world-ending stunt. So we responded in kind. (Owen)

What did you all do?

After I freeze mount Vulgis, we basically made a huge show of powerful Orders in front of Palras, and also the usual fear tactics. (Owen)

And 'fear tactics' is - using Orders, Personal Skill, or whatnot - brutalizing one enemy or just look terrifying in general to spook others. It's one of the reasons why Alicia had to watch violent movies.

We did the same to the rest of this world as well so the Half-Beosts wouldn't get into any ideas, and well... we accidentally formed Maneg Beasts. (Owen)

Urgh! Those things again!?

As Voice made her input, Alicia shuddered remembering the Maneg Amalgamation otherwise known as Maneg Beasts. She had almost died in her first run-in with them and Voice went berserk because of it.

After we cleaned up our mess we made a stern warning against pulling that stunt ever again and left. The Palras emperor abdicated soon after. (Owen)