Chapter 13.6: Bell Branch Troubles - Meeting the New King

Azhure: A bunch of things happened like my country's Independence Day and I'm mostly staring at the screen figuring out what to rewrite. Anyway, enjoy.

---

"You saved us once again, sir Jonathan," the princess of Coastline, Alyssa von Coastline, bowed to Jonathan. Her maid followed suit, though she seemed nervous around the man. The beastfolk knight, having removed his helmet to show his vibrant orange fox ears, stood by her side also giving a light bow. "Once again, you have our gratitude."

"You're welcome," Jonathan simply replied. He and the Court Wizards have long since taken off their hoods and masks.

Taking a good look at the princess, Alicia saw that she was wearing a light yellow dress complementing her long blonde hair that looked like it was made for this tropical climate, but at the same time wasn't. The same goes for her maid dressed in a stereotypical maid uniform that looked sweaty even if was not as thick. If she were to guess, the nobility of this kingdom copied the fashion of the more European-like countries in this world because the ordinary citizens she saw in the capital didn't wear like medieval common folk.

"That said," the princess cleared her throat. "You saving us here is not happenstance, is it not? There must be something that led you to us."

"You're right," Jonathan nodded. "It's about your brother."

"So it has to do with my brother," the princess sighed as if this happened often. "Anyway, before that, shall we introduce each other to our new friends first?" the princess suggested, looking at the other Court Wizards.

"Sure."

While the others took turns saying their names, including the maid named Mia and the knight named Alfred, Alicia took a glance at the aftermath of the battle while she waited for her turn. As planned, none of the thirty-five knights including Alfred lost their lives. The only casualties were two knights heavily wounded along with ten others with minor injuries but the healer mages can fix that problem. Darc also knew some healing magic from his world and was the one who mostly healed those two knights. Aside from the three exhausted combat mages, the princess's entourage was in good shape.

As for the bandits, Alicia averted her gaze from the knights piling up the corpses to be burned by the mages once their reserves were refilled and onto the surviving ones. There were forty-five bandits captured and although they still outnumbered them, it wasn't like they were going to do anything after seeing the massacre brought upon them. Five bandits were charred from the blast mage knights' spells; they were lightly healed to prevent them from dying. Thirty-five of them were mercenaries including their leader still knocked out cold with Owen having ended the Progressive Order. The last ten were the 'normal' bandits including their leader who fainted with foam in his mouth were tied up - Alicia wondered where that came from seeing as he was mostly inside a shadow.

Turning back, it was her turn to introduce herself. "Greetings, my name is Alicia Bell," she said with a ladylike bow, remembering her mother's lessons that now made sense. "Pleased to meet you."

"Oh!" Alyssa gasped in surprise. "Are you not the heiress of Bell Conglomerate everyone is talking about?"

"Yes, I am," Alicia blinked. "Am I really that famous?"

"I would be surprised if the news had not reached the whole kingdom!" the princess exclaimed. "Even though I mostly stayed in my mother's estate, news has still reached my ear. The maids were very talkative."

"I-I am flattered..." Alicia blushed as her reputation seemed to have preceded her.

"Well, I sure do know why that is," Alyssa chuckled, not so subtly reminding her that she knew about Court Wizards along with her maid, Alfred, and the rest of her knights.