Chapter Nineteen.

14th November.

The weekend rolled around slowly, work dragging throughout the week and the empty apartment leading to a lack of entertainment and social interaction. Perrie had decided to stay down in Ipswich for a week just to feel closer to Zayn and with Harry spending a little more time with Liam than I remembered, I felt alone a lot. Ever since we'd labelled our relationship, I felt clingier than ever. I was like Harry's koala bear and whenever he had to leave I'd sulk like a dog, trying to get him to come back. In reality, it was I who had to go to work at a certain time.

That Saturday afternoon was a chill one, Harry and I splayed out on the couch drinking from two bottles of beer that he'd found in his fridge and brought around. We discussed a few things, watched a few different TV shows, had a small pillow fight. You know, the usual. It was just a calm, peaceful, uninterrupted and somewhat childish way to waste a day.

"Why isn't Liam home again?" I asked, full aware that he'd told me earlier and my goldfish brain forgot it.

"He's got a new girl.. her names Cheryl. From what I've seen and heard, she seems nice."

With a shrug of his shoulders, we fell silent again, my hands bringing the glass bottle to my lips before I took a sip, staring at the wall in front of me. My mind was wandering at a rapid pace, thoughts jumbled and mixed up as the lingering quietness continued on for ten astonishing, prolonged minutes. I pulled on the drawstring of Harry's hoodie that I was wearing, twiddling it between my fingers as I heavily sighed. That seemed to catch his attention, but not for too long.

With Niall on my mind, I considered calling him, feeling disconnected from my room mate and best friend. We hadn't called for a couple of days and he was yet to find out that Harry and I were official, it'd be nice to break the news to him. I found it peculiar how none of my friends had been notified yet. I was always first to speak up when something big happens. It felt strange that the only people to know were me, Harry and Liam. Especially the latter.

"Is it okay if I FaceTime Ni?"

"Of course, Princess. You don't have to ask me."

With a blush on my cheeks, I grinned, putting my half empty beer bottle onto the table and moving closer to Harry. I sat between his legs, his back up against the arm of the settee as my back rested against his front. My head was just under his chin and as I found Nialls contact on my phone, I could feel him kiss a tuft of my caramel hair. That made passionate butterflies aggressively flutter around my tummy.

My phone rang around three times before a surprisingly energetic Niall picked up the phone. He appeared to be laying in bed shirtless, maybe even naked, a smile from ear to ear on his cheery face. His hair laid disheveled on top of his head, his brunette roots shamelessly showing under his bleach blonde hair as he pulled it back with the card of a hand.

"Hi Nialler!" I exclaimed, waving energetically at the camera.

"Hey Tommo! What you calling for?" His irish accent was thick, and yet I thought no different.

"I miss you."

"Wipe that pout off your face, you sappy twat!" He belly-laughed, causing my pretend frown to crack as he joyfully chuckled at me. "That's not your hoodie! Is Harold 'the curly fry' Styles there?"

"Hi Niall." Harry spoke up, his deep voice sending vibrations through my form as he also waved at the camera but not with as much energy. "How you holding up, bud?"