Chapter Four.

October 5th.

Turns out that I broke Liam's nose.

And gave him a mild concussion.

But besides that, he's fine. Slightly scared of me now, I'm sure, but he's okay. Zayn also confirmed for me that he wasn't going to press charges which was a massive relief because I can't afford for that to happen. No way in the world.

That day I just kind of snoozed, and so did Niall and luckily enough there wasn't really an awkward tension between us. We just sat in comfortable silence, knowing that there was a cloud above our friendship but it hadn't decided to rain yet. One day it will, but not that Monday. Thank fuck. I couldn't deal with another blowout and let's be real, I'd be the one having to leave and where would I go? Zayn wouldn't want me there, let's face it. He'd most likely be on Nialls side knowing that I can't bite my tongue leading me to be in the wrong for the majority of arguments I occur in. It's a lot, I promise.

I had lied to my work and told them I was suffering from an awfully sore throat and somehow they bought into it, believing every word that spewed from my filthy mouth. However, I had promised them that I'd attend my shift the next day and even work an extra hour to try and make up to them. I had to get on my boss' good side somehow, it wasn't going to magically appear like a Disney movie. I wish, though. Life would be so much better, surely.

"I'm heading off to bed, Nialler." I broke the long period of silence as I pushed myself up from our couch, stretching my back and arms like old grandparents do when they're tired from standing up for over thirty seconds. "I'm sorry again for today.. I really didn't know you'd be upset."

"It's fine, Lou." Niall looked up at me with an expression that just informed me that at he was now fed up of me apologising. Can I win around here? "I'll most likely see you in the morning.. Brendon wants me to work at the bookstore across the street from HMV."

"What time does your shift start?" I asked curiously, prepared to offer him a lift to work instead of him making the trek across the town of Doncaster. I love this place to bits but that doesn't mean it's safe. Especially for someone as delicate as Niall.

"Ten." He mumbled, exhaustion dripping off of the one word he said.

"Do you want me to give you a lift?" I offered. It'd be better if he had me drive him there.
considering he can't drive himself and it also means I don't have to scream along to Fall Out Boy alone. It'd be just like what it used to be when he also worked at HMV before being fired. He kind of 'borrowed' a few CDs from the back room. Yeah.. his own fault.

"Please, Tommo." He smiled genuinely at me, putting his phone down to stand up. He was wearing a white hoodie dress that stopped mid-thigh, his skinny, pale legs on show. I have no idea how he wasn't cold. I'd be freezing.

It was then that he hugged me tight, right in the middle of our living room at ten in the evening. It was reassuring to know he wasn't mad at me, and the feeling of holding each other was quite overwhelming. I felt a bit like crying, not going to lie, but I didn't want to be seen as weak so I only sniffled.

"Thank you, Louis." He whispered against my shoulder, his head resting in the crook of my neck, his blonde hair tickling my chin. If I wasn't stood on my tippy toes, it'd be the other way around.

"No problem, lad. No problem at all."

October 6th.

Dreams were nonexistent last night and instead my sleep was entertained by the fun scene of darkness. I can't recall a single thing that flew through my mind, so I apologise, there was nothing exciting.