the diary ✧ chapter 1

✧ IMPORTANT NOTE ✧ :

enjoy. <3

————————————————————————————————————

Papers were scattered all across the Gryffindor girl's dormitory as she and the other girls were studying for the upcoming potions test tomorrow. Y/N had been preparing for the test for a month straight and she was studying extra hard that afternoon, since Snape said, quote, that it would be 'extra hard to test your knowledge and skills in the art of potion brewing.'

She sighed and re-read the ingredients needed for an amortentia potion, which they hadn't learned considering it was the first month of their 5th year. Snape really knew how to tick her off. Frustrated, Y/N threw the book and screamed, making the girls all look at her, the stress evident on their faces. "You okay Y/N? Do you need a glass of water?" Hermione asked the Gryffindor, a cautious tone in her voice. "Um no thanks 'Mione, I'm just-" she stopped for a moment. "Going to take a break in Myrtle's bathroom or something."

She raked her fingers through her hair, hoping it would relieve her stress by at least a bit. ( Which, it didn't. ) "Well, I'm coming with you. I'm not letting you go there alone considering the troll attack that occured there during first year." Y/N smiled at her bestfriend. "Thank's Hermione."

The two girls started packing the books, ingredients, tools and notes they would need for studying. As they headed down the stairs leading to the common room, they passed by Harry and Ron who were also studying. "Hey Y/N, 'Mione." Ron greeted. Y/N smiled and Hermione gave a... Half smile, if you will. "Ron, Harry." Hermione greeted the pair. "Now if you don't mind, Y/N and I have to get going. Good luck studying." And with that, she pulled Y/N away from the boys before she could say anything.

Before the two girls could even enter the bathroom, they heard sobbing, a very familiar sobbing. Hermione rolled her eyes. She cast a simple water-proof charm on both her and Y/N before the pair entered the bathroom. "Gosh, not again Myrtle!" Hermione exclaimed, looking around the flooded bathroom. "Well I wouldn't be crying if it weren't for somebody throwing a book at me! What am I? A floating target?" She sobbed louder. "Well, of course you aren't Myrtle! Now would you please stop crying? It'll be alright. Also, if you don't mind me asking, where is the book this person threw at you?" Y/N asked the ghost. "It's over there by the sinks" She answered, still sobbing slightly.

"Thanks Myrtle." "Y/N! Aren't we supposed to be studying now?" Hermione asked her fellow Gryffindor. "This'll take just a second 'Mione! Don't worry. I'll study more tonight. I promise." She grinned at Hermione, who was rolling her eyes at her. "I have a bad feeling about this honestly, but. It's just a gut feeling, I mean," Y/N scoffed. "What harm can a book really do besides give you a paper cut, right 'Mione?" Hermione had a thoughtful look on her face for a second before answering her friend. "I... Suppose." She answered, unsure.

Y/N walked over to the sinks and found a plain black leather diary, which was a little wet since Myrtle flooded the toilet. "Interesting..." Hermione said, gazing the diary. Y/N looked at her friend, before turning the cover over expecting to see a page with an entry. To their surprise, it was blank. It was as if the owner didn't care about it anymore and just threw it into the bathroom. "Weird..." Y/N turned the cover back and saw a name engraved with gold letters on the front. "Tom Marvolo Riddle?" Hermione read out, an inquisitive tone in her voice

"Do we know a 'Tom Marvolo Riddle' in any houses Hermione?" Y/N asked her friend, who shrugged her shoulders. "Never heard of one. Maybe he was a previous Hogwarts student?" "Maybe." Hermione looked at the watch on her wrist. "It's getting late, we should head back now Y/N." "Um yeah. You're right 'Mione. Should we bring the book back with us?" "...Sure. But if you feel that it's dangerous please promise me you'll get rid of it, okay Y/N?" "Promise."

In reality, the diary had given both girls bad feelings from the start, and they should have listened to those feelings and destroy the diary immediately, but they didn't. I mean who would just leave a diary in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom, let alone throw it at her? It was all very perculiar. The diary itself seemed harmless, but what lurked inside would hurl them both, and the rest of the Wizarding World in danger. Terrible, terrible danger.

Y/N sighed when Hermione told her that it was already 12:00 AM and they had to get to bed so they could wake up early for the test. She had studied extra hard, and had quite a lot of coffee to keep herself awake, so it was pretty hard to fall asleep.  Eventually she gave up on trying to fall asleep and just sat down on her bed, staring at a wall. Hermione had fallen fast asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow. Deciding she could be doing something productive or entertaining instead of staring at a wall and getting lost in her thoughts, Y/N decided to write in the diary. I mean, no one was going to actually want it back right?

She picked up one of her spare quills by her bedside table and began writing 'Hello' as a joke, since she knew no one was going to answer. But the words started to fade into the book, terrifying the girl. "Hello." The book wrote back.

Y/N should have never answered the book after it wrote back to her. She should have thrown it out like Hermione advised her to. But she didn't. It was a recipe for disaster. The most disastrous disaster, actually.

————————————————————————————————————

1061 words ✓

✧ thanks for reading, i hope you enjoyed the first chapter of this book! please add this to your library if you enjoyed, i'd appreciate that. <3

✧ i might do a draco x reader story next after finishing this story. we'll see 👀👀

s e r e n d i p i t a l l a y / /