cherish me ✧ chapter 12

"Did I hear you right?"

"Yes. Yes you did."

"Tom, I-

"Stand by me. Cherish me as I do you.
Please."

"Look... Tom. I can't. I just can't. Not with what you're trying to accomplish."

"What are you implying, my dear?"

"I'm implying that your whole mission to gather these orbs... to rule the wizarding world- is wrong. What you're doing, is sick and twisted. Why can't you just be good like I know you are at heart? Why can't you stop hurting others for your own gain?"

Silence followed after Y/N's declaration.
Tom looked down at the ground, feeling as though a million shards of glass pierced his body. A haze of some kind clouded his vision, making the ground beneath his feet look blurry.

What was he?

An ambitious and talented wizard. A wizard who believes in the superiority of his own kind. A genocidist.

Was that all he was? Was that all he was painted out to be in Y/N's mind?

A heartless monster?

:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚

The map seemed to gaze down at the three with a smirk. It was, of course an inanimate object, but it's aura felt as though it was degrading them in a way. Laughing at the fact that they would inevitably fail at their quest to save Y/N.

"How do you propose we find Y/N in there Harry?" Hermione asked, eyeing him from the corner of her eye. "We need to get the professors involved, and you know that." Harry's jaw clenched. "You think I have the answers to everything do you? You think the professors will involve us once we tell them, do you?" Harry hissed. Hermione sighed, opening her mouth to counter his statement but was interrupted by him. "Well GUESS WHAT HERMIONE? I'm NOT some perfect O+ student who knows EVERY SINGLE answer. I'm NOT some know-it-all who looks down on others for not knowing everything. But you know what I am? I'm someone who cares for the well being of my friends. I'm someone who DOESN'T know the answers to everything. And I'm perfectly fine with that."

"You think it's sooo easy for me to carry this burden of a scar, to carry this BURDEN of knowing my parents DIED BECAUSE OF ME." Harry stepped back, glaring at Hermione.

"Harry... you know I didn't mean it like that. I'm just finding the best way for us to go about this situation." Hermione said, the caution in her voice evident. "I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me. I just-"

"I can't bear to lose anymore people in my life."
Harry broke down, placing a hand over his eyes. Hermione walked over to Harry, hugging him in an attempt to comfort her distressed friend.

"I know, but we need to assess a better way to save Y/N, alright?" 

Ron gave Harry a side hug, a sad smile spreading across his face at seeing his friend look so hurt. "It'll be alright mate. Y/N's tough, she'll be okay."

Hermione looked down at her watch.
7:12 AM.
The other students should be getting up by now.

۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ ˑ