as i do you ✧ chapter 13

His head told him no. His heart told him yes.

Which should he follow? Which knew best?

All shall be revealed. For now, the truth remains sealed.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

He couldn't just abandon all of this. He had worked so hard for all he's earned...

Just breathe.
Breathe, damn it.

It felt like everything he'd ever wanted was with her. Everything he wanted was her.

☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Tom's past was troubled for sure. I mean, it's the root of all the havoc he'd set in the wizarding community, after all.

His mother, made his father fall for her with a love potion, and let him go out of guilt... so that was what he believed to have happened. She was pregnant with him, and his father had left them both around the time the potion had worn off. And then, she died giving birth to him, and named him that stupid name. The name of his imbecile father. Tom Riddle.
And because Tom was conceived with the help of a love potion, it was believed he would never be able to love truly. His heart would be void of any emotion. Heartless, basically.

It didn't help that the muggle orphanage Tom was born in and had stayed in for the majority of his childhood was a pain. The children were a bore to deal with, and Tom usually spent his time scaring them by hanging their stuffed animals with nooses from the orphanage's ceilings, or frightening them by producing scary images using his magic, or, and this was his favourite thing to do to scare them; was to summon a snake to chase the other children around. Ah the joys of seeing others scream in terror... Beautiful.

Other than the time he'd trick the other kids to follow him and lead them to secluded areas to scare them, he always kept to himself, citing other children would not understand his views. His potential. They lacked the mental capability to do anything he wished to do. They were all underdeveloped scum in his eyes. Morons.

At first, when he found out of his strange abilities, he wasn't that surprised. Although they seldom did produce themselves, he knew they were there somewhere. Obviously, a person of his intelligence, talent and perception would be gifted these powers.

He had always been arrogant and as egocentric as he is in the present. It was like he was born with the quality. ( Which was most likely true due to the love potion. )

And once Dumbledore visited him and informed him that his power was indeed a gift he had been born with, and that he was a part of a world of powerful beings, he became even more vain and proud of who he was as a person.

Once at Hogwarts, Tom had devised a plan. He hated muggles to his very core, so, he decided, he would kill them all off. Why should they live on this planet when their brains were lesser than that of a pig? They deserved no part of this planet.

At Hogwarts, Tom had began rounding up his first batch of followers, which he later dubbed death eaters; consisting of Lestrange, Rosier, Nott, Mulciber I, and Avery.

He also fashioned himself a new name, scrambling a few letters in his original name, he came up with one,

'Lord Voldemort.'

Wizards all over would cower even at the mention of his name. He would make sure of it.

In truth, his whole mission was also, partly due to his hatred toward his own lineage and who his father was.

It makes you wonder how he'd have turned out had his father not left his mother. Or if his mother had never drugged his father into loving her.

⁺˚*・༓☾

"I can't do that, you know."
"I've worked so hard for this.
How do you expect me to let go of it all?"

"I don't expect you to do that all at once.
I'm only proposing that you think about it, and just forget about it all for now, okay?"

Pulling away, Tom's gaze lingered on her lips, before he looked back into her eyes.
He'd never felt this way before...
What made Y/N so different from the rest?
The love potion was meant to keep his heart from feeling anything even remotely akin to love.
But now he wasn't so sure about that anymore.

He felt whole with her. There was always a void Tom had felt in his chest ever since he was a boy. Could she be the missing piece? The piece necessary to make him an actual human with a heart?

His hand grazed her cheek, his other now on her waist. 'Kiss her.'

Before he could stop himself, he found Y/N's lips already on his, and once he quickly realised, reciprocated the gesture.

Y/N's hands moved to his hair, entangling his locks into her fingers, and found herself smiling and giggling in bliss mid-kiss. Tom followed suit, a small chuckle escaping as he rested his forehead on hers. The two looked into each other's eyes for a few seconds before Y/N shifted her gaze toward the ground.

"What was that?" Y/N asked, looking back into Tom's eyes once more.

Tom started to pull away, beginning to regret what he'd done.
"I'm sorry if I overstepped... I thought-"
"No it's alright. I enjoyed it."

"It's just,
what does this make us then Tom? What are we really?"

"I believe you and I both know the answer to that,
Y/N."

"I guess we do.
I love you, Tom Riddle."

Tom held her tighter in his arms like she was the most precious being in the whole universe, almost scared if he were to let her go, she'd disappear.

Tom was indeed a gifted student, one who knew the answers to almost everything. But a question not all can truly answer, is the question of wether or not you really loved a person back. Tom of course, knew the right answer to this question.

"As I do you, Y/N L/N."

・*˚⁺‧͙༄

this chapter is pretty short compared to my others, but it's meant to finally establish Y/N and Tom accepting their love for one another. stay tuned for chapter 14!! and ty for 44k reads ily all mwah<333