shall we? ✧ chapter 14

Harry held his book bag closer to his hip as Hogwarts students pushed through the Great Hall, leaving after having had a lovely breakfast and a good chat with one another. The Golden Quartet- or, trio since Y/N wasn't present at the moment, were just beginning to sit down and chow down on whatever was left of the scrumptious breakfast that had filled the other students' stomachs for the day.

"Don't you think it's strange how we haven't heard a thing from professors about Y/N's disappearance?" Hermione inquired Harry and Ron as they seated themselves down. "Yeah, even if we didn't report it, I'm sure her other friends would have, right?" Ron added.

Harry had thought of it over and over in his head last while they were planning in the room of requirement. It didn't make sense. "Unless; Unless that's what Voldemort was talking about." "Talking about what Harry?" "When I went through the hole in Y/N's headboard. Y/N and I almost escaped. But Voldemort caught us. We were so close. He threatened to kill me, and Y/N willingly-" Harry clenched his fist. "Willingly went with him. And before he let me go, he told me he'd find some sort of excuse for why Y/N would me missing from school."

"How'd he pull out off though?" Ron asked. "He can't have just sent a letter and forged her parents' signature. Her disappearance would still be suspicious. I mean, I'm sure Dumbledore would 'ave had someone to see her be escorted off school grounds, but I mean, I guess it is a Saturday. People'd think she's just off somewhere on her own I s'pose."

"You're right. But never mind that for now. The fact is that she's still missing and no matter if the professors deem it as her going home on accord of her parents or her just off somewhere alone, we have to find her before this whole thing escalates. Who knows what'll happen if it does. We can't risk the ministry being involved just yet." Hermione and Ron nodded in agreement. "And Harry-"

"Merlin's beard I am starving!" Ron interrupted as he gazed down at the near empty trays and plates of food. He was visibly looking around for something, occupying him from the conversation. Hermione rolled her eyes at him, a ghost of a smile on her lips. "Harry. What if we can't save her? This is Voldemort we're dealimg with. We've dealt with him before, I know, but this is different from our other encounters. And besides, in the world we're entering we'll be on our own. With no allies or friends we can trust. Dumbledore won't be able to help either."

"We have to try. If it means my death then so be it. So many people have died for me, so for once I think it should be my turn to die for the ones I love."

Hermione reached over to hold Harry's hand in hers,  squeezing his hand as if saying 'What you said was honorable, and I won't argue with you because I know you've made up your mind, and I know you know I know that, and I want you to know that I have your back no matter what happens.

"Scones are finished! I betch'yu Seamus pigged out on them. Damn him." Ron rolled his eyes, glaring at the empty tray that was at a time, a mountain of delicious scones. "But at least the pl-" Hermione elbowed Ron's side. "Hush! At the volume you're speaking at the whole school's bound to know about what's happened!" "-Sorry. At least the plan's solid. But could we have a once-over just in case?" Ron's tone had lowered visibly thanks to Hermione's scolding.

"Alright." Harry answered as the three of them quickly chose what food was left for them to eat. Bacon and eggs for Harry, Hermione grabbed herself a few slices of toast and jam, and Ron had a combination of what Hermione and Harry were having. To compliment, the three all poured themselves some pumpkin juice, a favourite among them.