Inbox 1

            Somehow, Naruto was having a hard time breathing as he stared at Sasuke’s text name, [theraven]. No one was allowed to contact the Akatsuki in any way or form. That meant no texting or calling. Naruto’s hand trembled as he held his phone open. Inbox 1. Another vibrate. Inbox 2. Naruto’s heart pounded against his chest fast. What was he suppose to do? Read it then answer? What if Sasuke was setting up another date? Fear wrapped itself around Naruto. There was only one way to find out.

            Inbox 2, Enter.

            Down.

[theraven].

            Enter.

            [theraven] Are you alright? I heard that Akatsuki members attacked Jinchuurikis.

            [theraven] please don’t avoid me because I’m an Akatsuki. Please let explain.

            What was there to explain? He thought. He laughed quietly to himself, tears coming into his eyes. His heart was stabbed over and over again. He really was an Akatsuki and he had lied about it. There really was nothing to trust about them. The tears flooded down his cheek. A sob overcame him and he cried over his pillow, his phone in hand.

            [Naruto theme song]

            Naruto glanced to the side, his face never leaving his pillow and looked at the caller I.D.

            Uchiha Sasuke.

            Naruto immediately sat up, eyes wide. Since when did he put Sasuke’s whole name in? His hand trembled once more as the phone rang over and over. It stopped for a moment, to Naruto’s relief, but started ringing again. Naruto jumped, almost dropping his phone. Uchiha Sasuke. If he didn’t answer, Kakashi would. Worst, Iruka would throw a fit about it. Hesitantly, he answered.

            “H-hello?”

            “Dobe, what took you so long?”

            What kind of question was that!? “Teme, what do you want?” more in anger now.

            Naruto heard Sasuke sigh. “I need to talk to you.”

            “Spill it.”

            “Not over the phone. Maybe somewhere?”

            “And what? Get myself killed? Ha!” tears were forming at his eyes again. “Like I would fall for that again!”

            “It’s not a trap, Naruto! Look, I’ll explain everything to you. Just meet me somewhere okay?”

            “And what? Get lied to again?” Naruto said in a whisper, his tears on the edge of his lids.

            “I won’t lie anymore! I promise.”

            “Why should I trust you?”

            Sasuke stopped, making Naruto slightly smirk. Sasuke probably wasn’t prepared about that question. Then…

            “If I tell you, would you meet up with me?”

            Naruto swallowed the lump in his throat. “I can’t.”

            “Why?”

            “Because of the murders.”

            Silence loomed over uncomfortably. Naruto’s mind stopped as he listened to Sasuke’s deep breathing.

            “We’ll meet somewhere close, but we can’t let anyone see us. I know you’ll probably get into deep trouble if you went missing so how about that little dango place around the corner?”

            “S-sure.” Naruto wasn’t sure why he was agreeing, but depended on his emotions to make his choices. “B-but what about you? What if someone finds out about you? You might get punished! Worst of all, you might get killed!”

            Sasuke chuckled, making Naruto blush. “Worried?”

            “N-no!”

            He chuckled again. “The Dango place then.”

            “Wait! How should I know that I can trust you not to kill me?”

            A slight pause, which Naruto started to hate. Then Sasuke answered, taking him by shock and surprise.

            “Because I like you.”