Chapter 22

So, recap of what's happened so far....

~Naruto meets Sasuke at a club

~They start out as texting buddies

~Gaara threatens Kiba

~Naruto goes out on a date with Sasuke

~Gaara and Kiba tags along

~Kiba reveals everything

~Sasuke confesses and is attacked

~Jinchuurikis makes a mission to rescue Sasuke

~Naruto is kidnapped and taken away

And now we are at the battle of where Sasuke is reunited with Kisame along with Tenten, Neji, Lee, Kankuro, Kiba, and Gaara......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[recap]

"Sasuke, you made it out!" Kisame exclaimed happily.

"No time to chat, Kisame. Where's Naruto?"

"Naruto?" Kisame questioned.

"What!? You mean, Naruto's here?" Kiba shouted in disbelief.

"He is. We saw him and now he's in Pain's hands." Tenten informed them. They all popped their knuckles in rage as their own was taken right from their hands.

"Don't forget that we're here!" Kakuzu reminded, shooting out black whips covered in sticky tar.

Everyone jumped out of range as the whips destroyed the prison walls, leaving behind black tar. Hidan and Sasori made their separate ways to Sasuke and Kisame, both holding their own weapons. Hidan laughed out loud as he swung his scythe-like spear at Sasuke's head while Sasori took an aim at Kisame with his poison-covered sword. Injured already, Sasuke did his best trying to stay up and not burden Kisame as their backs collided.

"Get out of here while you still can." Kisame said, holding Sasori back with his huge sword.

"What?" Sasuke replied in disbelief. "I can't leave you here! Itachi would kill me if he knew I left you behind!"

Kisame chuckled and pushed Sasori out of the way before swinging his sword backward towards Hidan, with Sasuke dodging out of the way.

"Look kid, I don't need to be looked after. Besides-" Sasuke grabbed hold of Kisame's arm and flung himself at Sasori, kicking him in the stomach. "-these guys would kill you first before Itachi gets here."

"Ki-" Kisame grabbed Sasuke and forced him to look into his eyes.

"It doesn't matter anymore, kid. Whether you want to save me or your friends." He shoves Sasuke away with a glare. "Besides, don't you have someone else to worry about?"

Sasuke grits his teeth, angering flaring inside. "Naruto..."

Kisame smirks. "Go get him, kid."

Sasuke slightly smiles as he fends off Hidan from Kisame's back. "But..." Surprisingly, Kisame grabs Sasuke by the front of his shirt and sends him flying towards the direction Pain had headed.

"I said go!!"

"Kisame teme!!" Sasuke exclaims as he was sent flying. He watched as swords tore through Kisame's clothes and skin, blood splattering everywhere. "KISAME!!"

Meanwhile, the Jinchuurikis were having a hard time defending themselves from Kakuzu along with Kankuro and Gaara. None of the two Akatsuki knew Kakuzu's weakness and it was aggravating as the whips were keeping them from close combat. While thinking up a plan, Neji makes Lee and Tenten leave to find Naruto, but were unable to as the path was blocked by ropes covered in tar. Kakuzu then whips Lee out of the way, sending the JInchuuriki colliding against a wall of the prison.

"What are you afraid of? Attack me!" Kakuzu taunted as he continuously splattered tar everywhere.

While the Jinchuurikis were trying not to get stabbed, Kiba stumbles and falls. Taking that advantage, a whip was sent to kill. It tore throught the skin, muscle, and flesh as blood spilled everywhere.

"KIBA!" Tenten and the others screamed.

Blood as red as his hair seeped through the deep wound as the whip seared through the right shoulder, covering clothes and skin with black tar. The whip was forcefully pulled out, making Gaara grunt in pain and spit out blood. He fell back into Kiba's arms as Kiba stared in utter shock.

"Gaara...GAARA!!" Kiba cried as he held Gaara close, fighting off black whips that were sent towards them.

Tears fell from his cheeks, blinding him from what was coming as he tried to protect himself and Gaara. Neji could barely move towards them as whips were constant sent towards him and the others.

"Kiba, get up!" Neji shouted. "Get up and get out of here!"

Kiba continued to cry as his hands were soaked with blood. There was Naruto who was kidnapped, then there was Sasuke who was fighting for his life, and now Gaara who took a killing blow for him.

"Kiba..." Kiba gasped as he felt movement.

"Gaara?"

Gaara painfully looked up at the pup and chuckled. "What are you crying about?" Kiba felt fresh new tears about to spill when Neji finally reached them and pulled Gaara to his feet. Gaara cried out in pain as blood gushed from the wound.

"Gaara!" Kiba exclaimed as he felt something painful tug at his heart.

Gaara clenched his teeth as the wound burned. The tar tugged at his skin as he got up and it burned his flesh as it was in contact.

"We better hurry and find the others!" Tenten suggested.

"What about Naruto?" Kiba exclaimed, trying to handle Gaara gently, though his heavy weight wasn't helping.

"I don't know, but we'll have to come back later for him." Neji replied.

"What!? We can't just leave him!" Kiba shouted.

"Do you want to leave Gaara then?" Neji retorted angrily.

Kiba flinched. Leave Gaara to save Naruto? He possibly couldn't do that. Kiba grit his teeth as he was split into two. Leaving Gaara was the last thing he would think of, but who would save Naruto?

"We're worried about Naruto too, Kiba, but we can't possibly save him while Sasuke and Gaara are hurt." Tenten said, busily protecting them from the whips.

"Everybody!"

Neji and the rest looked up to see Kankuro carrying an injured Lee. Lee was covered in black tar and small cuts, but other than that, he was alright. No fractured bones or anything from the impact, but it wasn't over yet as another screamed,

"KISAME!!"