Chapter 18

Kiba stared at Gaara, too stunned to say anything. "W-what did you just say?" the words came swarming at him, making him blush red.

"I-"

"F-forget what I just said!" Kiba flailed, covering Gaara's mouth. His heart pounded in his chest, feeling as if it was about to burst. He then noticed his breathing came in small pants, wanting to feel the red head's lips on his again. Kiba mentally shook his head. "D-didn't you bring me here to ra-err murder me?"

Gaara blinked away his sadness, only to be replaced by blankness. "No." Kiba tilted his head to the side, confused.

"Then why did you bring me here?" Kiba shivered at the thought of getting raped.

"To get you away."

"From what?"

"Danger." Gaara felt the pup tense. "Don't worry. I've already warned your family to evacuate the house and to inform the head leader, but they have to keep a low profile or Pain will know that I told them."

"That's insane! W-why would my mom and Hina do that!? They wouldn't go down without a fight!" Kiba exclaimed.

Gaara gave away a slight smile. "And that's why I needed to bring you here so you wouldn't charge them head on and kill yourself."

"What the hell, Gaara! I want to be there! I need to be there to protect my family! And I wouldn't be alone either!" Kiba shouted.

"I know." Gaara replied calmly. "But if I didn't kill you, then Pain will send someone else that's in a higher rank."

Kiba dropped his anger, looking worried. "Then what would happen to you?"

Gaara shrugged. "Don't know. Probably locked up, tortured to get information about you from me, or kill me."

"What?" Kiba unknowingly took fists full of his shirt. "Why the hell would they do that? That's called murder!"

Gaara sadly smiled. "That's who we are." he said in a low tone, making Kiba flinch.

"No...."

"Ki-"

"NO!" Kiba exclaimed into his face. "I can't let you die!"

"Calm-"

"Gaara," he grabbed the red head's face, "look at this! You're covered in bruises and blood! Your lips is still bleeding and you call this fine? And don't even go there as to tell me to calm down. I know you, Gaara. Even though, I've only known you for maybe days or weeks, but from the looks of your older siblings, they care about you." Gaara was taken aback by Kiba's sad face. "I know they wouldn't want you to die. Same with..." Kiba paused.

He didn't know where this was going to lead to, but he knew he had to say it. His feelings. His emotions. His heart. He needed to say it before it was too late......but wasn't it wrong to feel this way for an enemy? Was Gaara really an enemy?

"Same with who?"

Kiba straightened up in Gaara's arms that had made its way somehow around his waist without him knowing. He blushed at the contact and brought both his hands onto the red head's chest, trying to push away.

"G-gaara?"

Gaara didn't budge as he waited for the answer. He wanted the answer. Needed the answer. And wanted it to come out of Kiba's own lips. So, he tightened his grip, hearing the pup gasp.

"I won't let go until you say it."

"S-say what?" Kiba asked innocently, trying to get away. "I-I didn't say anything."

Gaara smirked and leaned forward. "You know, two can play this game."

You've got to be kidding!! Kiba mentally screamed as he closed his eyes tightly, waiting for the kiss to come. He waited and waited but it never came. Only when he dared to open his eyes, Gaara gave him a full kiss.

Growing weak, all Kiba could do was grab onto his shirt again, causing creases onto the stretchy fabric. Kiba tried pulling away by his head, but Gaara held his back with one arm while the other held onto his neck, pulling him close.

Kiba took in a breath before Gaara crashed their lips again. He let go of the shirt and started to grab at the red hair, only to receive a groan from Gaara. He blushed, eyes still closed, and felt himself grow hard at the sound. Wahhhhhh!! Can't grow hard!! Need air!!! Surprisingly, he still had a bit of strength left in his hands and since pain towards the head and back didn't affect him, Kiba went for the face.

The face wasn't that badly bruised so Kiba didn't have to worry about hurting him. So, he pinched the meaty cheek and pulled as hard as he could.

"Owwww!!!" Gaara pulled away, rubbing his reddening cheek and glared at the pup.

"Hehe." Kiba smiled triumphantly. "That's what you get." and he stuck out his tongue. I could get used to this. Kiba thought, then gasp. (He really didn't think what I just thought he thought, right?)

Gaara marched after him. Kiba turned and ran for his life, though there was no where to run. He jumped over the couch along with Gaara close behind.

"Kiba." he heard Gaara growl lowly, a smirk on his face.

Nowhere to run, Kiba made a run for the bathroom. He got in and tried slamming the door shut, but Gaara got there first and blocked the closing door with his shoe.

"G-gaara!!" Kiba exclaimed, feeling scared, though not the fear but the fun feeling.

"Kiba, you coward." Gaara smirked, pushing the door roughly.

"S-stop!" Kiba pleaded.

"Not until you tell me who else cares about me." Gaara finally pushed the door open and met a spray full of water, soaking him from head to shoes. Hair dripping, clothes soaked and heavy, and the face he made, Kiba couldn't help but laugh. He then stopped when water soaked him too, taking him by surprise and slight shock.

He turned with slight anger. "Gaa-"

Gaara's warm lips gave him a willing kiss, wanting the respose he yearned for, and when the red head got what he got, he pulled away. Kiba was slightly panting, again, gripping onto his wet clothes, and blushes, looking at him with lustful eyes.

"Kiba." He said huskily, returning the same look.

"Me." Kiba breathed out, blushing scarlet.

"Huh?"

"Same with...m-me." Kiba averted his gaze, but couldn't break the eye contact when Gaara hooked his hand under Kiba's chin, turning his face, and kissed him hard. They didn't break away until Kiba had to pinch him again for air.

Kiba gasped for air, blinking unbelievably at Gaara. "how t-the hell d-do you k-kiss that long!?"

Gaara shrugged. "I don't know. I just go with the flow." he receives a smack to the head.

"Go with the flow!? I can't do that!"

Gaara chuckled. "Don't try to pass out on me when we're through." and he pushes Kiba to the tiled wall, crashing his lips onto Kiba's once more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! another update just for you guys! I know this isn't enough to make up for the time I've wasted, but I hoped you enjoyed this chapter!! I just went with the flow and got to here. Since this book is PG-13, I'm not going to put in those sexy details, which I really want to, but then I'll lose the point of the story. TT^TT Gomen.....

Until next time! :3