Chapter 13

Once the car came to a stop, Naruto quickly unbelted his seat and quickly shoved the door opened. Sasuke reached out.

    “Naruto.”

    Naruto, eyes filled with fear, turned to face him. “Don’t touch me!” he cried out.

    Sasuke flinched, his hand hanging in mid air. He knew it. Naruto hated him. Hated Akatsuki. Hated him.

    Naruto froze then looked away and slammed the door shut, running inside of his house. Iruka stood by the door, looking surprised at Naruto’s sudden rush and looked out at the staring raven. He narrowed his eyes, meeting the calm dark eyes in the car. He shut the door as the car left the road.

    “Naruto? Naruto what’s wrong?” Iruka knocked on the Naruto’s bedroom door. He received no answer. Worried, he fetched Kakashi, who was laying in bed reading Make-Out Paradise.

    “Kakashi san, Naruto won’t answer me.”

    “Leave him alone. He probably just had a fight with his friend.”

    “Kakashi san, do something!”

    Kakashi sighed and propped himself up on both his elbows, closing his book. “What am I suppose to say to him? That the kid belongs to the Akatsuki and hurt Naruto’s feelings?” Iruka flinches. “Think about it, Iruka san. Naruto is growing up. Sometimes he would want some alone time to think.”

    Iruka looked away, sadden but knew what Kakashi said was true. Of course he should let Naruto have some time alone, but shouldn’t he explain to Naruto about the Akatsuki? His frown turned into a pout as unable to leave Naruto alone.

    “Then what about Tsunade sama’s recent findings in the reports about murders found in Konoha?”

    “Ahh, that. Now that’s something you should announce.”

    “Me!?”

    “you’re his guardian aren’t you?” Kakashi smirked.

    “Aren’t you one too?”

    “I’m merely his guardian as much as you are.”

    “I think we should keep this from him as well.”

    “And get himself killed? He’s gonna find out sooner or later and by the time he finds out, he’s either dying or in a gloomy state.”

    “Don’t say that!!” Iruka exclaimed. “Jeez, what kind of ‘mere’ guardian are you anyways? Saying stuff like that.”

    “I’m sorry, Iruka san.” Kakashi sat up and leaned forward to give Iruka a kiss.

    Knock knock.

    Both adults look up and saw Naruto standing by the door, sadly looking down on the floor.

    “Iruka san…”

    Kakashi blinked as Iruka opened his arms, letting the blonde teen sink into his arms, crying.

    “Iruka san!”

    Iruka, close to tears himself, swallowed down the tight knot in his throat. “What’s wrong, Naruto? Did that black hair kid scare you?”

    Naruto clung tightly to Iruka’s sweater sleeves, soaking the front with his tears, barely able to say anything, just shaking his head no. Kakashi sat up completely, sitting beside Iruka and pulling him close as so he could place a hand on Naruto’s head. Naruto continued to cry then sobbed and finally fell asleep, face covered in tears. Kakashi had helped carried Naruto to bed as Iruka wiped away those tears.