𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 12 | 𝐔𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝

PART 12 | UNEXPECTED

___

"Happy Birthday Seulgi!" Krystal greeted as soon as they arrived at the venue.

"Omy! Look who's here!" Seulgi responded as she turned to greet her friend.

  The venue was all decorated with fancy gold and silver decorations giving the venue a fancy vibe.

  Seulgi's eyes widened when her eyes suddenly fell to In Ah and Doyoung's when they finally arrived inside.

  She was too shocked and mesmerized by how In Ah transformed from being that Nerdy and Introverted girl, into a Beautiful Young Lady.

  She happily welcomed them with a smile plastered on her face.

"Woah, is that you In Ah? You looked so beautiful!" she complimented making In Ah blush.

"Thank You," In Ah shyly replied as she stared down on the tiled floor quiet shy by her compliment.

   Seulgi's smile widened more. "It's too surprising to see you like this. Without the glasses and you wearing these fancy dress and stilletos, you look wonderful!" she complimented again for the second time.

   In Ah awkwardly smiled, "Well..thank you for this anyways." She responded bowing her head.

   Seulgi's brows furrowed. "Huh? What do you mean?"

  In Ah confusedly stared at her. "Taeyong said you told him to buy me these?"

  Seulgi's forehead creased, "I did?"

"Y-yes?"

   Seulgi's lips formed a smile as she shooked her head, "He lied," she shortly replied as her smile widened.

  In Ah blinked, "P-pardon?"

"How much did he spend? Can you still remember?"

  In Ah paused as she tried to recall all the amounts that they paid for the dress and the sandals.

1270$ dollars for the dress..230$ dollars for the Stilletos...

"1500$?"

   Seulgi's eyes widened, "Woah, i didn't know he could spend that much..." she muttered under her breathe,"Anyways, you deserve it. After all, he couldn't repay you for how much he have cause you so, don't ever think of owing him something alright?" Seulgi said as she gave her a wink.

  She then closed their gaps as she whispered one thing to her. "For almost 20 years of existing, you're the first girl he have ever treated this much In Ah..and I would say, you deserve it."

   After telling her that, Seulgi immediately bid her goodbyes. "Anyways, you guys should enjoy, i'll probably should go now and greet the others." she said.

  After she left, In Ah was left confused and surprised..

'So it's his money that he spend for my dress? Wow, the audicity for him to lie at me huh..'

  She sighed shaking her head.

"In Ah! Hey!"

  She immediately looked back to where the voice came from and immediately, her face formed a smile.

"Jihyun!"

_____

"Hello everyone! Sorry to interrupt your quality time but, in 5 minutes, we will be having our Ball Dance so I suggest for you all to choose your partner to dance with! Thank you." The MC announced.

   In Ah's eyes suddenly wandered somewhere else. She's not that interested to dance anyways, so she think of maybe roam around for a bit with Jihyun however, she can't find her anywhere near her now.

  Before she can even walk away to find her friend, a hand grab hers.

"In Ah."

  She immediately looked back to meet her brother, Doyoung with a raised brows. "Where are you going?"

"Uh..find Jihyun?"

   He raised his brows, "He's with Jungwoo, they paired up for the dance."

   In Ah's mouth went agape as betrayal crept up onto her.

"Aish that girl.." she muttered under her breathe shaking her head in disbelief.

"Anyways," Doyoung started. "We should probably pair up for the dance, let's go-"

"Wait!"

   Doyoung paused as he raised his brows to her. "What?"

"Can you just dance with Krystal unnie instead of me? I don't want to dance..it's..it's embarrassing." Her head hung low as her anxiety starts to get ahead of her again.

   Doyoung sighed "First of all, Krystal-noona was with Kai so i don't also have anyone to dance with." he responded making In Ah sigh in dismay.

"Can we just not dance?"

"No and you know why In Ah."

   She puffed out a whiny sigh whil she pouted. "Ugh, do we really have to follow that tradition?"

"Yes."

   In Ah 'tsk'ed, "Ugh fine." she responded finally surrendering..

____

    After 2 minutes of dancing with her brother, she suddenly felt very tired and her stilletos wasn't helping either.

  It's almost as if, she was facing the biggest challenge of all times.

"Hey, you okay?" Doyoung asked noticing how her face scrunched up in pain.

"Y-yes. Yes.." she lied.

  Doyoung gave her a worried look but, before he can even open up his mouth to talk, the venue went dark suddenly as the MC's voice spoke out.

"This is the darkness pair up change, the mechanics was you should change your partners within 5 seconds before the lights come back. As a price, everyone will get to have the reserved special wine from Italy.." The MC said.

"Let's begin...1.."

  As the counting started, Doyoung's arms automatically reached out his hands to find someone to change with.

  Luckily, as soon as he reached out, an unknown man's hand came in contact with his hands.

"2..3.."

  He quickly grabbed the man's hands as he made the unknown man hold his sister's as he quickly took a hold of the guy's partner in exchange.

"4..5.."

  As soon as the lights went on, In Ah's eyes widened as she came contact with a man she was very familiar with....

"Taeyong?"