Chapter 18: I Want To Live In The Present

Start from the beginning

She patted my head. "Oon, you are just too sweet to me, like always."

"Ah mom, how about we have breakfast at your favourite bakery the day after tomorrow? Its been too long"

"Sure. Sounds like a good idea." 

After we finished our lunch, I took a bus to the college. The freshmen were also about to join in a few days, and I still had SOTUS meetings to attend. Though I wasn't sure if I would be able to attend college or stay as the head hazer in case the worst did happen.

Just as I was finishing up my hazer meetings, my phone buzzed

DING

Kongpob[05:12pm]: I am at the college admission office to submit some papers
Kongpob[05:12pm]: If you are still at college, would you show me the campus? Kongpob[05:16pm]: You owe me for cancelling our dinner Kongpob[05:20pm]:Please? Kongpob[05:20pm]: I miss you

Arthit[05:21pm]: Meet me outside the admission office in 10 minutes

I have been intentionally trying to avoid meeting Kongpob because I am too scared of changing the future again. But he is just two minutes away from me and my heart can't seem to run away from him anymore. May be I'll just meet him for a few minutes and leave.

Walking towards the admission office, I found Kongpob standing there and waiting for me. He looked up and smiled at me, and I swear to god, I fell in love with him again. There is no way I am leaving in a few minutes.

"You finally came Arthit. I thought you would ditch me again"

"I don't ditch you Kong, ever"

"Yes you do. You are always in a hurry to leave me."

I looked down scratching the nape of my neck. He was right. I do always leave him. I wish I could tell him I am doing all this just so I don't ever have to leave him again.

"You are right Kong. I am sorry"

"I don't want your apologies. You need to be punished Arthit"

I suddenly looked up. "Pun—punishment? Wait, what?"

"Showing me around this whole campus and having dinner with me is your punishment. You can't get rid of me this time"

That's the best punishment I have received in my whole life.

I intertwined my hands with Kongpob's. "I think its a pretty reasonable punishment. Lets start with the engineering building?"

I showed Kongpob the classrooms, laboratories and even the cafeteria in the building. He listened to everything I was saying like it was the most interesting thing in the world.

"Arthit, will our classes be in the same building?"

"Yeah. Just different floors"

"Does that mean I can see you at lunch everyday?"

"Well..hopefully. If we make it"

"Why won't we be able to make it to lunch?"

"Ah. Nothing. Do you want to see the hall where all the hazing activities will take place?"

"YES!"

I guided Kong towards the hazing hall which was all empty and dimly lit, now that everyone had already left.

"Wow, this is bigger than I thought"

"Of course, there are a lot of students"

Kongpob eyes were sparkling looking at the place and he walked towards the stage.