"Should we ask the girls?" After I said that we all looked at each other in silence and then burst out into laughter. Like we were ever going to do that!

"Mike and Newton?"

"Asking does no harm." Elio and Owen had their own conversation. I honestly don't think that they would come if you asked them, but I didn't say anything. Owen was right; asking does no harm. I wonder if they would like ice skating though, it's not like any of them are athletic, but neither are Owen and me and we are down to do this.

"Who's going to ask?"

"Well, considering we haven't seen them all week, I think we should split up and find them, because they seem like ghosts." Owen laughed. This hit me; I might know where they are.

During recess, I went towards the clocktower and followed the stairs. The room where the stairs where standing always kind of freaked me out; it was dark, dusty and it had spiders literally everywhere. One time I even jumped up because a pigeon thought it would be a good idea to chill here.

I was about to open the hatch towards the top part of the tower when I heard the voices of both Mike and Newton, just like how I expected it.

"Escaping him is getting harder and harder. He is always around me!"

"I get that. But what do you want to do about it?"

"Nothing, just repress it I guess."

"But you don't want to."

"Well I can't just tell him I like him, can I? Hey- "

I was never able to hear the end of that conversation, because the stair I was standing on made a huge crack noise. I decided to just come up to make it seem like I wasn't eavesdropping.

Newt and Mike looked surprised to see me. Mike gave Newt some looks but focussed his attention towards me.

I cleared my throat: "I knew I could find you here. I wanted to ask you if you wanted to join me, Owen and Elio to an ice rank this weekend."

"Ash, you know what this place is for, don't you?"

"Yeah? To escape- "

"Exactly. We want to escape. From you! Don't you get it?  I thought we were making shit clear. And I know you know, so are you serious so oblivious or do you just want to annoy us and ask us to come with you?" Not only me, but also Mike seemed to be a little bit shocked by Newton's words. I was looking at Newton; he seemed determined and wasn't playing any games. He really didn't want to see me. Normally, there would be some sort of playfulness in his eyes, but now there was nothing more then pure hate. I couldn't handle to look in his eyes, so I looked down and studied the dirt on my shoes.

"Was just asking."

"And I was just answering. Good bye Ashlynn." I closed the hatch and walked down the stairs. I sat myself down on the last stair and placed my head in my hands, breaking down from crying. Why was he being so mean? He used my full name, didn't play, wasn't sassy... He hates me.
Guessing from their early conversation, I would get why Newt would get mad if Elio walked up, he would be defending Mike. But me. Maybe because I'm a friend of Elio?

Or would it that conversation been about me? And would Newton be talking about me? Nah, he's straight. And Mike doesn't like me. It must be Mike and Elio and Newt is just worked up.

I sighed; guess it is going to be the three of us ice skating.

I was lying in my bed with a book. I had stolen a book light from Newt so I could do my homework in bed, as I was to lazy to do it earlier this day. It was around ten PM or something. Leslie and dad had left for some walk and I had no idea where Newton was. I just tried to focus on the maths questions my teacher had given me.
The door swung open and Newt stomped inside, throwing his bag in the corner. It was pretty late and he had missed dinner. I wonder what he did today that made him go out for so long. He didn't go to the library because then he wouldn't throw with his bag. Curious, I let my eyes fall of my pages and let them study Newton while he looked in the closet for more comfortable clothes. He pulled off his purple shirt along with the white shirt underneath it and threw them on the ground. He pulled his black pants of and then he slipped on some blue, comfy home suit. Like blue joggers with a blue hoodie. He really liked wearing that when he was at home. According to him, it was very comfortable and soft. I was never allowed to try it on though.