The Firecracker

Beautiful book cover (picture at the top ^^) done by RoxTheFoxtoo

***

Days passed and I still hadn't told Michie about the message.

She seemed to be doing well and avoids Raymond at all costs, prior to my advice.

But everything came crashing down on Friday during lunch period.

It became a normal routine to spend lunch with the gang at their hangout. Fortunately, Raymond couldn't make it due to rugby practices so avoiding him was easy. But today, he decided to make an entrance.

Scar and I chatted away while waiting for Dagger and Daemon to bring our food. "So why exactly do you guys call yourselves the Hot Flaming Cheetos?" I quizzed amusedly.

Before she could answer, Raymond barged into the room, looking enraged.

He still wore his rugby Jersey from training, and it did well to accentuate his muscles. His hair was tousled with bits of grass stuck to it but he didn't seem to notice, green eyes scanning the room until they landed on me.

I felt my heart race increase as his intense gaze focused on me. There was something in his eyes that just seemed to captivate my attention.

"We need to talk," without waiting for my reply, he grabbed my left hand roughly and led me outside the room.

Immediately we were outside, I yanked my hand from hold, eyeing him while massaging my wrist, "Don't manhandle me."

He rolled his eyes at that, getting straight to the point, "Why has Michie been avoiding me?"

Not one to lie I spoke with certainty, "Because I told her to."

"Why?" He asked again. He raised an eyebrow in amusement before continuing his question, "Jealous?"

"Ha," my reply came too fast that it didn't even sound believable, "Don't kid yourself."

He examined me skeptically, the amusement never leaving his eyes, "Sure," his voice was laced with heavy sarcasm, and I just wanted to punch the smugness from his tone.

Violence isn't always the answer, I tried to tell myself, taking calm breaths before looking back at him. "Is that all?"

His gaze met mine and for a moment he looked like he was about to say something.

But that moment was ruined by Dagger's loud voice, "Your food has arrived."

My attention immediately went to him and the large pizza box he was carrying. "It's about time," I took the box from him and made my way into the room.

"Pizza's here!" I shouted at Scar, who was peacefully doodling something in her sketchpad. Hearing my voice, she quickly closed whatever she was doing and looked up.