The Boyfriend

Amazing book cover (picture at the top^^) by PrincessSeaLily. Thank you so much :)

 Thank you so much :)

***

Her full pink lips turned upwards into a hesitant smile as she scrunched her eyebrows in confusion.

"What?" She questioned at my incomprehensive question. Then she inspected me as though looking for something. An apple, maybe.

"Why does the banner on our door read Apple?" I clarified, maintaining contact with her baby blue eyes, until they indicated understanding.

"Oh," she chuckled, before silence presumed once again. I took that time to examine her outfit. She wore a cream crop top cami with the words high maintenance scribbled in bold italics and ripped jeans. On her feet were pink and white adidas superstars. I honestly expected something more costly but she dressed quite ordinarily.

After some thought she finally responded, "I don't know."

I laughed at that, wondering why it took her so long to say such simple words.

With the eased tension I casually extended my hand, feeling much more comfortable. "The name's Debbie."

"Michie." She took my hand and gave it a firm shake. "Glad to meet you."

"Likewise." After that our conversations became more smooth and we settled down to unpack our heavy load.

Three exhausting hours later and our once bare room now looked inhabited. I sat on my neatly laid bed, thinking of what to do next, but then my tummy grumbled in hunger.

"Wanna go eat?" Michie chuckled, getting up from her cotton candy themed bedspread, already leading the way to the cafeteria.

I followed her through the hallway, pausing once we got to the open field. I peeped at the boys hostel, hoping to see signs of my brother, but to no avail.

She led me to a building closer to the school campus, it's iron double doors open and welcoming as I inhaled the tempting aroma of different delicacies.

Rushing ahead of her, I could hear her light laughter as I entered the premises. At least now I know where all the people went, my patience modulating as I inspected the long line.

"The line is too long," Michie commented behind me, voicing my thoughts out loud.

"Yeah let's just ask the last person to save two spaces for us, lines aren't my thing." With that I strode to the back of the line and tapped on the petite figure waiting anxiously.

"Please can you save our spaces in the line?" I asked kindly. She looked up at me, her dark brown eyes contemplating.

"I'll try," she sighed, after I gave her the puppy dog eyes. Works ever time.