"Ken!" I said as my jaw dropped, knowing I was in for a hell of a night.

❤️

"Four shots of Jameson, please?" Kennedy said as she leaned over the bar, giving the bartender full-view of her chest before she winked at him.

"Coming right up, beautiful," the tattooed guy with slicked-back hair said as he laid four shot glasses in front of us.

After filling the glasses, he gave Kennedy a wink before refusing to charge her, as long as she promised to stick around until he was off in about an hour.

"Oh, I'll be here," she said, kinking her eyebrows seductively.

"How do you do that?" I asked after he turned to help other customers.

"Do what? Ooh, cheers!"

We clicked our glasses together before we each took our shots, one at a time. I took a moment to let the whiskey burn as the second shot went down before I answered her.

"How do you so effortlessly grab guys' attention like that? You barely said five words and the man was ready to sign over his 401k," I said and she smirked.

"It's easy Birdie. Guys love confidence, okay? You just gotta go for it. If you want something, there has to be no hesitation."

"No hesitation," I nodded, repeating the mantra to myself over and over in my head.

❤️

About an hour had passed and Kennedy, who had kept her word about hanging around for the bartender, was now sitting on the back patio with Adam, said bartender, and something told me I would be Ubering home alone that night.

At least one of us was gonna get laid.

I had just been alerted that my driver was arriving in a few minutes and was heading for the exit, when the man who at one point I thought I was destined to be with, emerged from the flock near the main doors, seemingly coming in my direction.

I can't lie. I did have a few drinks that night, and seeing Zach for the first time in almost six months was not how I expected my first night out to go.

Knowing that if he approached me, I would have no choice other than to politely greet him, but I didn't want him taking that for some kind of false sense of hope for reconciliation.

I'd heard from my mother that he had moved to town as well, still heartbroken from the breakup, and still hoping for another shot.

My 'soccer-mom fear' began to creep back in with every step Zach took towards me. It felt like the walls were closing in and I couldn't breathe.

Impulsively, I reached out to the guy just about to cross my path, back to the bar with an empty glass.

As I grabbed the collar of his shirt something in my body was screaming for me to stop but the other part was reminding me of Kennedy's mantra.

No hesitation.

His lips were plump and tender, like a juicy orange in the middle of the summer and he tasted like a mix between whiskey, peppermint, and just a hint of something foreign.

I felt him tense up, a bit surprised before his body relaxed and his arms wrapped around my waist.

The glass he was holding shattered to the floor behind me as he gripped my ass, causing me to moan and part my lips, letting him take complete control, one hand fisting in my hair as our bodies melted together.

"Birdie?" a voice in the distance spoke, breaking the kiss as the stranger and I finally took a good look at each other.

🎉 You've finished reading •𝔸𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕘𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝔸𝕗𝕗𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 • 𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕪• 🎉