Chapter 4- Wow, his abs.

Hailey's P.O.V:

I rolled over and groaned, my body ached. Why was I so sore?

I sat up in bed and streched my arms out, yawning. Then I frowned. If I'm in bed...was last night a dream? YES! It was! It never happened!

I threw off the covers and jumped out of bed. I turned up Pink's "Cuz I can" and danced around my room, feeling like a badass.

I couldn't be bothered getting changed, so I swung my hair up into a messy ponytail and left my tank top and shorts on. I skipped down the stairs, humming quietly to myself.

"I'll cash my bets and place my bets, and hope I'll always win! Even if I don't it's fine because, I live a life of- ouch!"

I felt like I couldn't breathe, someone was squeezing me too tightly. I gasped.

Immediately the arms let go.

"Hailey? Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" A high pitched voice said.

I looked at Ari and smiled. "All good"

Ari was the youngest in the group and she was always so energetic and happy. We all felt protective over Ari,  from instinct.

Something caught her eye outside. "Oh look, a butterfly!!" She raced past me and out the door.

I heard a light chuckle. I looked over to see my best friend, Leah shaking her head.

Leah and I were both tough, strong, fast, 'badass', heartbreakers. It's what we did and we were like sisters. She was the same age as me but 6 months older, which sometimes got annoying because she tried to look after me and I didn't need a babysitter. I loved her though, she was my best friend.

I walked over to the cupboard and grabbed out a packet of Frosties ceral. I'm addicted to this stuff, literally.

I felt Leah's eyes on me.

"What?" I said.

"You know what Hailes."

I turned around slowly.

"What?" I said louder, looking her dead in the eye.

"Last night." said another voice, Jake. He was leaning against the doorway, watching me.

Without a shirt on. Woah, that boy had abs.

Wait, what?

"Last night, didn't happen. I was dreaming." I said slowly.

Leah and Jake both looked at the floor.

I grabbed onto the bench and held it tightly. I felt like I was suffocating. I couldn't get in enough air and my legs were wobbly.

Suddenly I heard voices...

*FLASHBACK*

"God Hailey, go die. Nobody likes you, you ugly slut!" Tori shoved me into the lockers as she walked past.

"Yeah, you idiot!" Jason sneered at me.

They were all around me, laughing, calling me names, pushing me. I was on the floor, crying, they were still taunting me.

"STOP!" I cried, my voice breaking.

*FLASHBACK END*

"Hailey? Hailey!" Leah shook my shoulders and I snapped back to reality.

My breathing was short and sharp and it took a few seconds to realise I wasn't in that hall anymore.

Jake was watching me, probably looking for weakness. I snorted and stood up straight, to my full height of 5"4.