05 ➳ Memories and Hannah

**unedited**

Hannah was something else, honestly.

Makoto took me to meet his friend, Hannah, the next day in the morning. We were late to her apartment because I honestly couldn't find a decent outfit to wear. I was going to a girl's house. Not that I hadn't been to one before. I'd even dated one. Although, consequences had driven us apart and she was in India for studying abroad. Eventually, I ended up putting on a red and maroon plaid shirt with golden buttons and tan corduroy pants.

"You look ready for the holidays!" Makoto said, smiling. I said nothing, slipped on my coat, and stepped outside.

The breeze welcomed me and I was surprised to see snow on the ground. It wasn't much, but enough for a snowangel. I looked around and made sure no one was around on a chilly Saturday morning, and landed in the fluffy white goodness.

"Oh my God, Haru? Are you making a snow angel?" He laughed, leaning over my head. I jerked myself up and our heads clashed. "Ow, what was that for?"

"Don't scare me like that!" I shouted, flushed. "And yes, as a matter of fact I was." Makoto's adorable smile soon returned and I had to keep myself from turning red yet again. I hate you so much, idiot, I thought. Too damn fucking cute goddammit.

We were walking through Tokyo, so I assumed that Hannah's house was nearby. There weren't many people outside and the chatter in the small crowd was like a mouse's voice. Makoto and I were holding hands (fangirls scream) only because we didn't want to get separated. It was a small crowd, but the people shoved a lot here.

"Remember when we were kids and we built a huge snowman at Rin's house?" He asked, putting on his scarf. It was the one I'd given him for his birthday last year, a dark orange color that perfectly blended with his puffy green jacket. "That was the best. And when you started crying because Rin could skate faster than you at the ice rink?"

"Shut up," I muttered. "Ha-ha! Don't forget when you ran into tree when we went sledding down Rin's hill!" Makoto reddened and flashed his sparkling green eyes at me. "My bad, my bad, but that was pretty funny."

"Those were seriously the good days," he replied, brushing off my apology. "I always miss being a kid. How about you?"

Memories tumbled around in my head and I recalled the friends I'd lost back then, the fights I'd regretted, and the hearts I'd broken. Everyone yelling at me. Everyone calling me names. Criticizing my swimming. Oh, but that one night at Regionals. I lost myself in a world of my future and I stopped during that huge race.

"Haru? Haru? Haru!"

I blinked in confusion and shook my head side to side. A girl's voice? "Uh, sorry I was thinking about things."

Holy shit.

Right in front of me, stood a very tall and skinny girl in a big burgundy sweater, with tight black leggings hugging her legs, and dark brown combat boots. On her head sat a striped hat and her glasses were properly fitted to her small and petite face. She was looking down at her phone with her cheeks a bright pink from the cold weather. She looked amazing, basically.

"Hi! You must be Haru, right?" She looked at Makoto for confirmation and he nodded. I didn't even notice, but my mouth was wide open and my eyes were focused on this lovely girl's lips. "It's so nice to finally meet you! Makoto always talks about you in our classes!"

"U-u-uh, thanks, I guess," I replied. "You look, um, pretty." She blushed and playfully jabbed my arm.

"Aw, stop it! You're making me blush!" She cried. "You're majoring in swimming, right Haru?" I gulped and nodded. Why couldn't I say anything? There was this tight feeling in my chest and I couldn't get it out.

"Oh my God, Makoto look at you!" She laughed. "You look absolutely adorable!" Makoto beamed at her and. . .

He put his arm around her.

He looked so happy and I wanted to say something or stop them, but I couldn't get the words out. "Come on, Haru! We're going to the coffee shop near our school!"

"Coming," I said, glumly. What was happening to me? What was this feeling?

YOOOOOOO QUICK UPDATE BECAUSE YES AND I'M ACTUALLY MOTIVATED!!

Ahhhh it was such a short chapter and it was kind of a filler to get things heated up between Haru and Hannah. Basically, I'll tell you that nothing too intense will happen, but Makoto is the main target for this story. The love target, haha.

HOLY FUCK CHRISTMAS EVE IS TOMORROW AHHHHH!!! ^^ I'm so excited I could kiss you all!! SO LEMME KISS YOU ALL! :D //lame Monty lmao//

Stay tuned!

-Monty