Sack of misfortune 2

This is crazy. My heart is bungee jumping because of the crazy amount of Adrenaline in my body. I can play hockey in this house.

BLOODY HELL

"Umm, Ms.Edward are you all right?"

Oh hell no. Did I just curse in front of a retired army officer?

"Pardon my French, Mr. Osvaldo. This house is so big, so pretty and the location is crazy. The beach view blew my mind.", I explain.

He laughs and walks over to the door. I look at the sea through the big glass window. Peaceful. Very peaceful.

He hands over the keys to me, "Take care of my house as long as you're here.".

He hands me a second key, "This is the key for the car in the garage. You can use that as long as you are here. Make sure there's no scratch on that car".

He smiles. That's one scary smile I must say.

"I have a firearms license so make sure nothing happens to my car.", he winks and heads towards the door.

Did he just threaten me that he is going to kill me? Or did he flirt and tell me that he is going to kill me? My crazy mind...

I see him walking out of the house. It's showtime. I take my position, "You think you can win against me, Mr. ceiling? Dream on." and with that, I swing my leg, the shoe takes off and BAM! Hits the ceiling. "Damn I'm good."

"Ahem. Ms. Edward?", a voice calls out for me.

I lose my focus on catching my shoe as I turn back quickly to look at whoever interrupted my tournament. Before anyone can say anything, the shoe falls back right on my head. That's going to be one large swelling.

We both say ouch at the same time. I rub my head and grin like a fool.

"Are you alright?", Mr. Osvaldo asks, "That must have hurt a lot."

"I'm fine. Totally fine. Never better.", I smile through gritted teeth as I continue rubbing my bombarded head.

"I came to let you know that the fridge is empty. If you are hungry you need to get yourself some food from the store."

WOW. "It's fine. I can go to the store.", I lie, "I'll go to the store after I freshen up. There should be one near the house, right?"

"I'm afraid that the one near the house is closed. You gotta go to the city.", he says.

YOU MUST BE KIDDING ME. It took me so long to come here and now I gotta go back to the city?

"All stores in this area are closed after 6:30 PM. If you want to buy anything, either you can buy it tomorrow or go to the city tonight. Use the car in the garage. That's for your use anyway."

I let out a huff, "Okay. Thanks for letting me know.".

"By the way, you remind me of my daughter.", he says.

"Why? Is your daughter the same age as mine?"

"No. She's a kindergartener and she does the same thing with her shoe. Any house she steps into she throws her shoes to the ceiling and she calls it a skill. I used to worry about that but now that I have seen you, I feel relieved.", he laughs and finally leaves the house.

Okay, I'm embarrassed. Imma head out.

I throw on my hoodie and wear my brand new Nike Air Max. They aren't brand new to be exact. I bought them a month back and since then I didn't have enough time to wear them. Shoes are something that I adore more than anything else. I wait for their inauguration at the right moment.

-------------------------

All done. I put the groceries in the back of the SUV. I dust off the imaginary dust from my pants and get in the car. The fact that there's a BlueTooth speaker in the car is the reason I'm screaming like a crazy fool.

"I LIKE TO MOVE IT MOVE IT

I LIKE TO MOVE IT MOVE IT

WE LIKE TO MOVE IT"

"100 meters and turn left", the GPS says.

Likewise, I go 100 meters, and guess what? I turn right. That's what happens when you are too engrossed in I like to move it, move it. I lower the volume of the speaker as the GPS comes up with the new route.

"Battery extremely low.", notifications pop up on my phone. I take out my power bank with one hand and grab the steering wheel with another. The power bank slips from my hand and falls down. Holy shit. I look straight to see if there's anyone on the boulevard. It's rather empty. I reach out for the power bank and bend sideways while still looking straight. There's no one. Not a single soul on the boulevard and this is my chance.

I look down quickly to see where it fell and grab the power bank, sit straight at once, and after seeing the view in front of me, I don't know if it's a ghost or a person, I just know I FUCKED UP.

I step on the brake pedal with my life on the line. I hit my head on the dashboard of the car and everything blacks out for a while. I sneak a look in front of me and the person's gone.

I step out of the car to check if I'm going to jail or not. Honestly, if it's roadkill, I'd be pretty impressed by my incredible driving skill. (It was always on my bucket list to kill a person one day and it all started with my history teacher.).

THAT FORTUNE TELLER SAID AND I QUOTE, "YOU ARE GOING TO FUCK THINGS UP."