The police station

Tessa and Tyler were now sitting in a police station. One could ask, how did the whole scenario shift from Tyler throwing up on Tessa's shoes to them ending up in a police station? To give a little recap, Tessa had lost her car because of Tyler and also partially because her asinine brain had decided to leave the car door open. Now obviously she couldn't let Mr Osvaldo know so there she was, sitting in front of the police, informing them about her lost car and shooting occasional death stares at Tyler.

Tyler seemed rather unbothered. Did I say unbothered? Screw that. He was dead asleep with his head tilted downwards, slouching in his chair. The police knew who that person slouching in the chair was. Infact everyone knew. Tyler's life was a high profile case.

Tessa was frantically complaining about her car and how Mr osvaldo would kill her. But the police were more concerned for Tyler as the crazy cricket fans had caused a massive outcry over the Australian team losing the world cup. Everyone believed that Tyler was involved in match fixing. He was fighting hard to clear his name after he was accused of match fixing. The press would follow him everywhere. His attorney and manager had a hard time shutting up the public and the press. And now that all of a sudden Tyler had disappeared from his house, his manager and attorney were extremely concerned as Tyler was already suicidal. Putting the cherry on top, his phone was dead. His attorney had tried to call him multiple times but failed. He almost thought Tyler had jumped from a bridge or something which is why he had informed the police.

"Excuse me, YOU AREN'T LISTENING. THIS MAN DECIDED TO THROW UP ON MY SHOES AND THEN HE PROCEEDED TO THROW MY SHOES IN THE LAKE AND THEN THE THIEF THEN STOLE MY CAR AND THEN.." Tessa tried to catch her breath after frantically yelling at the police officer.

"Maam please calm down."

"NO YOU CALM DOWN. MR OSVALDO WILL KILL ME."

"Maam can you please give me the details of this 'MR OSVALDO'? If you give us the details, we can assure you he won't be able to harm you."

"SIR YOU ARE NOT FOCUSING ON THE RIGHT PERSON. MR OSVALDO IS NOT THE PROBLEM HERE. MY SHOES ARE...."Tessa screamed from frustration. The officers didn't know if they were supposed to file a missing shoes report. They shot her a confused look. Tessa quickly realized she had to rephrase her words. "Well not my shoes but the car. And THIS DUDE SITTING NEXT TO ME." Tessa pointed at Tyler.

"Where is he??" Tyler's manager, Ray set his foot in the police station, shouting in a high pitched voice. Ray was his closest friend. If there was one person who Tyler could blindly trust, it was him. Ray stormed into the room looking out for Tyler followed by his attorney. Tyler who was dead asleep had no idea on what the fuck on earth was going on. The officers signaled them with their hands and they walked over and stood next to where Tyler was sitting.

"Oh my god. Why does he look like that? Hey Tyler wake up." Ray said patting him on his shoulders. Tyler didn't wake up at all. His snores kept getting louder and louder. All of a sudden Ray's eyes fell on Tessa who was sitting cross legged on the chair in front of the police officer and mourning over her lost car.

"Excuse me, Hi. Are you from the media?" Ray asked politely.

"Do you see any camera?", Tessa replied sarcastically "What made you think I'm a paparazzi when you can clearly see I'm sitting next to this half dead man who threw my shoes in the lake, caused my car to get stolen and is snoring like a pig now. IF I WERE A PAPPARAZI, I WOULD FOLLOW CHRIS HEMSWORTH TO EVERYWHERE HE WENT. I wouldn't be sitting in a police station."

"You really don't know who he is?", Ray shot a confused look as by this time Tyler was already a media sensation.

Tessa looked up at Ray furiously. She stood up from her chair with both of her hands resting on her waist,
"I'm hungry as fuck. My shoes are probably going on a date with the Titanic. Someone stole my car. Look at this point of my life, I wouldn't even care if he was Justin Trudeau."
Honestly Tessa would. SHE WOULD PROBABLY START FAN-GIRLING IF HE WAS JUSTIN TRUDEAU. I MEAN WHO WOULDN'T.

The officers took Ray and Tyler's attorney, Derek to fill out some bunch of paperwork. The officers had to narrate the whole story of how Tessa and Tyler ended up together to Ray and Derek. Everyone knew that the media and paparazzis were surrounding Tyler's house, his parents' house, his girl friend's house and other places where you could find Tyler. Majority of hotels didn't allow him as he was involved in match fixing and was yet to clear his name. Ray and Derek knew they had to protect Tyler somehow and they had to take him out of media's attention. They knew how incredibly toxic everything around Tyler was. This is what led both of them to hatch an incredible plan. Even though it was an absolute disaster of a plan but they needed time to come up with a better plan and that stupid plan was to persuade Tessa to let Tyler stay at her place for a week. A week would be more than enough for them to come up with a better plan.

"Miss, we have filed a missing report for your car. If we find it, we will let you know immediately." The officer assured Tessa. Tessa was losing her mind. How would she walk over all the way to that beach? She only had her dead cell phone with her.

"Sir could you give me a lift? My phone is dead and my car is gone. I don't really know which way to go." she asked the officer politely.

"Yes maam sure..."The officer nodded in agreement when Ray interfered all of a sudden "Excuse me miss can I have a minute?"

Tessa looked at him blankly. He continued "Well........" and with that he narrated Tyler's whole story to her. Being the soft hearted person Tessa was, she immediately softened up. "What can I do for you?" She asked with a much calmer voice.

"As weird and as absurd and as incredulous this sounds, is there any possibility that you let him stay at your place for a week? Not more than that. Just a week."

Tessa thought about it for a moment. She had this incredible power where if she came across any negative energy in life, her brain somehow knew. But this time, for some reason her intuition gave her a green signal. She decided to help them out. Also what was she going to do in Australia all alone anyway? She could have some company. WHAT A FEARLESS IDIOT.

"What do I get in return?" Tessa asked.

"$50,000" Ray replied impulsively. Derek looked at Ray as if his eyes were about to come out of his skull. What the fuck was Ray on about? Ray knew what he was doing. He had to do this. Infact Tyler's father had been secretly trying to protect his son which is why he promised to give Ray $100,000 dollars if he could take Tyler out of media's attention so according to Ray's calculation 50K for Tessa. 50k for him. Or if he could negotiate a little bit 25k for Tessa 75k for him.

"Deal done. Should we sign a contract? So for 7 days you pay me 50K and also you pay for my Nike Airmax." Tessa stretched out her hand for a handshake. Ray was in complete accord with her.

Life is hard when English is not your 1st language. Also I decided to change to third person perspective. It's easier that way.