Chapter 5: Moogle Statue - Act. 1 - 2

Chapter 5

Act. 1

Near the entrance of the Dust Forest Sanctuary where the dried out river path was located, the two ex-Solarians finally arrived and started their journey inside, passing by the vast area that was amply different from the outside. During their walk, they suddenly found Bass's body who was still unconscious and is currently leaning against the tree. The two went up close and immediately recognized him as one of those who fought alongside them against the Prime-Magi during the reclamation of Corona Citidom. They were surprised when they unexpectedly got reunited with the Freedom-for-Hire leader. The soldier-mage began observing Bass's weapons as he simpered when he finds out that it was a Gunblade type. The mysterious mercenary informs his partner that they fought once during the conflict in Corona, he tells him that he was using a gunblade just like them. The soldier-mage was unable to notice such details since he was busy fighting the Prime-Magi. He pointed out that Gunblade wielding was a very difficult fighting style due to its complicated nature of combining and re-combining the two weapons that depend on the wielder's situation during battles, thus few would dare to take up this kind of challenge.

After listening to his companion's discussion, the mysterious mercenary heeds his attention once again to the young mercenary and started staring at his motionless body. He then justified that during the time that they clashed, he felt something familiar from him, the way he fights, and the way they would exchange blows and avoid each of their strikes. Continuously staring at Bass, the mysterious mercenary was reminded of a deep connection but failed to recall what it was. It was obvious that the ex-Solarian soldier-mage was aware that after his partner met Bass once more he started acting very unusual as he was busy looking at the young mercenary, without any concern from his surrounding. He broke his associate's silence by asking their action but his mercenary partner was still mesmerized and just stood there, not paying attention to his inquiry. This irritated the soldier-mage a bit and so he then started suggesting if they should leave the unconscious Bass alone or bring him with them. The ex-Solarian mercenary stared back at his companion who undoubtedly knew that his question was a mere absurd response that he intentionally did in order to engage with his partner's reaction. The mercenary imposes that Bass might have some valued information regarding the Prime-Magi that could succor uncertain events ahead. Amazed by how his partner was able to point out such an important factor, he failed to quantify with his calculation. Finally, they came into a conclusion and decide to include the still unconscious Bass with them. The soldier-mage smirked as he tells his partner that perhaps their meeting once more with the young mercenary was never a mere fluke, they soon made haste as the evening sky slowly approaches. The mysterious mercenary lifts Bass's body; carried him by placing his body on top of his shoulder with his head facing the opposite side of the forest. They continued north, heading for the forest's exit on the other end.

Elsewhere, within one of the clustering forests surrounding the capital's plaza, Lox and Universe raced through an opening and there they saw the what was once a sightful capital citidom, now became a shattered memory from its former glorious state. The metro area is covered with rubbles that came from the wreckage of the buildings, streets are devastated and crashed automobiles left by their owners from their demise. Ashes and black smoke continue to rise within its gates from the aftermath of the invasion while both Garuda and Solarian troops scattered through the entire place patrolling and vigorously looking for any of the capital's soldiers, arresting any civilians that would attempt to defy. They are ready to attack any unwary victims who would just be passing by once they are considered hostile, overall, Tropicos Airr was in a state of locked down. Few people remained in the citidom as most of the community fled the capital during the massive clearance, however, there are those who failed to escape the enemy's clutches and were rounded up and taken as captives. Those who were able to get away were either currently able to travel to other known villages and community settlements while others would become lost and unable to decide their next step.