Chapter 3: Garuda Citidom - Act. 4 - 4

Chapter 3

Act. 4

Within the Grandeur of the Royal Dwelling, Precider Lemonte got a report from one of the soldier-knight, informing him that the me-reet of corona and his company were able to destroy the air type metal ogre needless to say their escape from Garuda was successful. Fear of bearing the bad news, Lemonte convinced himself still to inform one of the Prime-Magi's Surrogate about the unfortunate events. The surrogate who was then identified by the precider during their conversation as Melo, heed no concern for the incompetence displayed, instead, he was ordered to prepare his entire army alongside Solaris. Lemonte proceeded with the agreed plan without questioning while the thought of being unable to stop the me-reet still lingered within his mind. This however became one of the precider's driving forces instead, as he held on to his selfish ideals.

Meanwhile on the road, the three began contemplating with each other. Universe asked the mercenary leader about his black chocobo being able to return to the forest near the outskirts of Garuda Citidom. Bass informs the soldier-knight (who was wondering) that Tempo --the name of his black chocobo-- has a guiding system installed inside his helmet which allows him to navigate back to the hidden stable deep within the forest by himself. Universe acknowledges the convenience of his feathered ally has from his master. Lox, who was fascinated by the fact that Bass had such a rare type of chocobo couldn't help but asked him about its origins. The mercenary leader looks at the swaying crown of feathers from Tempo's head and then started petting his avian partner's head as he tells their story to them.

It was morning when a young Bass decides to go fishing, and so he heads for the beach located at the far east of Garuda Citidom; beyond the thick forest surrounding it. It was a local area that has been well developed and had been free of wild creatures. When he finally arrives he quickly notices a black object lying near the shore. When he was close enough he began to notice that it was a small creature with half of the body including its tail drenched in seawater. Bass was quick to help it, without even thinking whether the bird was dead or alive. Once he went near it he suddenly realized that it was a black chocobo chick that was still alive but very weak and was breathing heavily. Bass let go of his fishing rod and immediately carried the chocobo chick with him as he rushed back to his home. The young Bass took care of the chick day and night; nursing it as it slowly recovered its health back. A month later has passed and finally the chocobo was able to regain its strength and it was time for the young lad to release his patient however after going back to the beach he realized that the chick was no ordinary chocobo that can be seen commonly in their area. As he walks along the seashore, he then overheard the conversation between two local fishers who were talking about a wrecked ship filled with poached creatures whilst indicating that some of them being rare of a kind. Bass went to them and asked about the status of the poach animals but they only knew (through gossip) that the ship was empty after one of Garuda's navy unit discovered it. The two fishers began to notice the strange creature from his hand, and as they were about to ask him about it, he immediately fled back to the citidom. Bass could only sigh as the information given to him hinted that the chances for the chick to reunite with its family is very steep and so he went home carrying the orphaned chocobo. On that night as he was feeding the chick with finely minced Gysahl Greens --a gourmet to any chocobo--, he looks at the creature who was minding its own dinner and then began relating himself with the black chocobo saying "I guess you're now an orphan too, just like me". Bass gave his promise that he will not abandoned the little chocobo no matter what. The chick just gave a loud "Kweh! Kweh!" telling the young lad about how delighted it was to be with him. Over the years the black chocobo grew along with Bass and the two were able to create a stronger bond with each other, and the black chocobo was given the name from the unyielding heartbeat that it had Tempo. After hearing this, Lox gave another subtle smile as he tells the mercenary that he was honored to meet him and became his companion on his journey; then looks at Universe telling him that it was the same for the soldier-knight as well. Bass's smile was even wider than before after hearing something positive from the me-reet, was even more determined to aid the me-reet on his predicaments. Within their journey the two were able to set aside the differences between their backgrounds and began to trust each other equally. The sun is already set as the day started to shifting into night time but the three --empowered by their will to get to the capital as soon as possible-- continued without resting.

Somewhere deep inside the Ozma Fortress, Melo went into the master chamber where the Prime-Magi resides and notified him about the me-reets position. The Prime-Magi was busy locating the whereabouts of Eve's spirit that he took little interest in the problem; instead he directly issued an order for the Surrogate to accompany the Precider of Garuda in hunting the me-reet. He reminded her that if an opportunity occurs she is ordered to strike them down. Melo slightly bowed as she humbly obliged with the Prime-Magi's command. Walking through the halls within the fortress she immediately contacted Lemonte who was quick to answer her call and informed him about the Prime-Magi's plan. The Precider grinned after receiving a somewhat favored response from the supreme leader of Solaris and began moving his army while waiting for the surrogate to arrive and meet with him. Precider Lemonte, who had his own ambitions as well planned for a grand assault that would change the face of Eden's peaceful history once more.

With this the Prime-Magi can now set his eyes on searching his beloved without any disruption but Eve's location on the other hand was unpredictable and is still roaming the entire planet, indefinitely searching for something. Electricity flowed visibly through his arms as the anxiety of gaining the acceptance of the spirit builds within him. In a nearby cliff that gives a clear view of the Ozma Fortress, a concentrated Magicka was starting to build, and shortly after a naked body of a female Able emerged from it without revealing her face. The unknown female watches the Ozma Fortress from afar afterward moved along and disappeared through the thick forest behind the cliff. The Prime-Magi had briefly sensed the mysterious females Magicka before she disappeared, her sudden occurrence had caused him to wary about her presence.