Chapter 3: Garuda Citidom - Act. 2 - 4

Chapter 3

Act. 2

Lox and company walk towards the western part of Garuda Citidom, as the road heading north starts at the west gate. It was still early in the afternoon that they decided to move, and in doing they were able to reach the gate earlier. Thru his instincts, Universe sensing something a bit iffy by how suddenly quiet the area was. As they were about to reach then edge of the western section, the gate began to close and then beneath the ground, solid walls slowly emerge; covering all possible paths for the three. Lox, Bass, and Universe readied their weapons, anticipating attacks from any enemy that might appear. Truthfully, groups of Garuda Gunclaymores and Guncrossbows along with the Solarian Soldier-mages began to surround the congested blocked area. The ground troops were not supposed to be a problem until the enemy released their automaton, a Warmech called the Metal Ogre. Warmechs like the Metal Ogre, are pilotless automatons that are only maneuvered by an artificial intelligence or A.I. computer of the enemy. The Metal Ogre passed over the three then landed near the gate, using its massive structure to obstruct the exit. Being big mechanical warmech type automatons, Metal Ogres use their huge arms as their primary weapon to compensate for their legless hovering engines and are often deployed whenever crises like massive riots, coup d'etat, state of emergency and the like arise. Metal Ogres are divided into two types, the land and air, currently that is in front of their group is a land type. Universe, who was wasn't happy with his hunch being on the spot, bear the unfortunate news to the me-reet informing him that Precider Lemonte becomes fully aware of their existence when he decided to visit him. Lox felt guilty about revealing their status to the treacherous Precider, who is now trying to eliminate them. The soldier-knight provided solace to the worried me-reet by telling him that he was not aware of the relationship of the Precider and Solaris, it was safe to say, that it was not so soon that the me-reet was able to discover such unspeakable alliance.

The enemies began to attack the three starting with the Guncrossbows and Soldier-mage. Bass prepared his gunblade by activating Harmonize attaching his Zweihander Buster Blade to his Cerberus Shotgun and then begins his assault. The enemy range types that are mostly place on elevated areas, started attacking them but the mercenary leader used his gunblade as a shield protecting himself. Using his gunblade he created a vibrating heatwave by pulling the trigger causing the enemy projectile to explode upon contact, and in doing so he continuously charges towards the direction of the Metal Ogre. Unable to stop him from advancing, the Gunclaymores began to move as well, planning to prevent him through close combat. Lox and Universe who were following behind the mercenary leader, the me-reet used his Double Edge Rapier and Assault Rifle to defeat the attacking Gunclaymores while Universe used his Behemoth Gatling Gun to stop the enemies that are firing at them; reducing their numbers a little bit. The Solarian soldier-mages began to shift their elements into Poison-type but the soldier-knight was quick to anticipate their moves and used his right arm to cast Reflect on their party. Once the soldier-mage started firing again, their attacks reflected at them hitting them instead with their poison effect; numbing their senses and weakening their body. They finally halted when they were close to the Metal Ogre, which immediately close launch a devastating right punch which was blocked by Bass. The impact was so powerful that it blew away nearby enemies. Bass was able to bear with the enemy's strength but was still slightly damaged by the devastating blow. The Metal Ogre started to attack again using its left arm this time, but the soldier-knight counter its move, by quickly leaping into the air then uses his Behemoth Gatling Gun and began concentrating his attack towards the big nasty robot's active arm, the enemy got staggered for a while which made it canceled its move. The recovering Guncrossbows that were on the right side tried to attack them once again, however, Bass charges with his gunblade using it once again as a shield he then struck the edge of the empty building. The gunblade stuck on the wall which then took advantage of the enemy, however as Bass pulled the gunblades trigger a huge explosion shattered the solid wall, that trembled the floor; causing the enemies to lose their footing. He continued pulling the trigger while charging to the other edge of the wall; destroying the building in the process and finally defeating the enemy's entire projectile units. Universe landed on one of the rooftops of the building, while continuously shooting at the enemy. Bullets used by the soldier-knight are much solid and heavier than usual making it much effective against larger objects. Universe distracted warmech, giving way for the me-reet to dispatch the remaining Gunclaymores, of which he did.