Chapter 30

"I still can't believe Violet left without telling me goodbye... I understand it might have to do with transportation, but I don't see why that would've mattered! I wouldn't have let her leave, anyway!" Clementine complained, throwing her hands up in the air.

"Well, her dad is just an assho—"

"And now she's home with her family that she never spoke a single word about. They've practically taken my girl hostage. My girl! You know what that means? That means that she's mine, and not anyone else's!"

"Clem, I think you should r—"

"What if something happens to her, huh? What am I supposed to do? Just cluelessly wait around and hope that she even shows up when school starts up again? Fuck that, I need my baby girl!"

"That was adorable. Anyway, as I was saying, we cou—"

"I want to pick her up from her home... I don't want to miss her," Clementine breathed out, inhaling sharply and stifling a sob. "Louis, please..."

Louis stared at Clementine wide-eyed, his mouth hanging slightly open in awe. "Dude, are you okay?" The boy turned around and looked at Sophie, who was sitting behind them in the vehicle, "Is she on her period or some shit?" he asked, nodding his head towards the musician, "I don't think I've ever seen her like this."

Sophie shrugged. "Could be, don't really care," she said, "Too busy enjoying this bagel to even wanna think about her relationship anxiety. Plus, that was a really insensitive question to ask." She took another bite of her snack, humming in bliss as she did.

Louis rolled his eyes. "Whatever." Silence lingered it in the air for a few seconds as he took a left turn. "Do you ever stop eating?" the boy added, shaking his head, "I don't know what it is with you, but ever since like, three days ago, you've been eating non-stop."

"That's what you do when you're pregnant."

Louis stared at her much like he'd stared at Clementine before. "Bitch, what?"

"I'm joking, Jesus. I'm just hungry. Leave me alone," she huffed, grabbing another bagel as she'd finished the other one already.

Louis decided to ignore Sophie's overly loud munching on bagels and focused on the road again, looking at his sat nav for the directions. It's not like he really needs the sat nav to get home, but it helps him not have to worry about if he is indeed going the right way. Also, it shows when you're due to arrive, which would be in around thirty minutes. He looked to his right, and saw that Clementine had hidden herself inside of her hoodie, presumably to hide her tears. This is weird. I've never seen Clementine break down like this, he thought, focusing back on the road.

"Clem, don't you have that app on your phone so you can see where she is at all times? You know, because you're a paranoid piece of shit?" Louis asked, jabbing his elbow into her side, which resulted in her jumping slightly. A muffled 'fuck you' came from underneath the hoodie, and Louis suppressed a laugh. "You know, because if you do, we could always just go to her house and ask her parents if it's okay for us to take her to my place," he added nonchalantly.

"Yes! I need my baby girl!" Clementine yelled enthusiastically, immediately wiping away any tears left on her cheeks after she came out of hiding and grabbed her phone and opening an app called Life360. "It's only an hour away from here!" the brunette squealed happily.

"Put it in the nav," Louis said, a satisfied smile on his face, "Let's go get your girl."

"Why do you even have that app?" Sophie asked with a mouthful of Takis. Apparently, she had Takis too. "It's not like Violet's gonna have a side hoe."