Chapter 26

Oh sure, George Bush Sr. pukes on someone and he gets a word in the Japanese language, I accidentally puke on Mitch's boots and all I get is my booze taken away and my favorite shirt set on fire. Fucking double standards can eat a camel's humpback cock every day of the week.

Smirking at her own inner monologue, Clementine continued to sit and stare blankly at the board ahead of her. Usually Lee could make history exciting enough to keep the brunette captivated throughout the entire period, but ever since Sophie's sudden change of mind, she couldn't focus on much during the day anymore no matter how much she tried.

It's been two days since Louis gave Sophie's message to Clementine and the brunette with as much as she tried to see things from the other perspective, couldn't bring herself to understand why Sophie reacted in such a manner. Yes, she understood that she may have stepped over the line a tad, but desperate times call for desperate measures and to the brunette, she felt it was justifiable. Yet no matter the time of day, Sophie refused to even look in her direction, let alone give her the time of day. Even with Louis' attempts of intercepting the taller girl, he couldn't even get a word in before the redhead pushed past him with a death glare that could stop even the blackest of hearts in its tracks.

Clementine jumps at the sound of a sharp tapping on her desk unsurprisingly finding a certain blonde and her dog standing mere inches from her desk waiting for her to realize that class had already ended.

"Seriously Clem? This is like the second day you've spaced out during Mr. Everett's class. What's going on with you?" Violet asks the brunette worrily. Rosie standing right beside her right leg and tilting her own head to the side as if she was waiting for answers of her own.

"What can I say, Vi? Maybe Lee's losing his touch on keeping the dream of me being a history buff alive," Clementine answers back nonchalantly, wincing ever so slightly at the sound of the older man clearing his throat from his desk. She turns her head towards the front of the room to see Lee peering over a stack of half graded papers in his hands with an eyebrow raised, his piercing eyes staring into Clementine's challengingly.

"Or... maybe it's about something else entirely," the brunette responds, scratching her neck while standing up from her desk to a thumbs up from Lee in approval as his gaze turns downwards back to his task at hand. Hooking Violet's arm into her own, the two girls quickly make their way out of the classroom and into the slightly crowded halls of Ericson's as they made their way outside to their regular spot at the west end picnic table. Classes ended early for the students because some students believed it would be funny to light cherry bombs inside of the chemistry lab cabinets.

Needless to say, explosives and random chemicals aren't exactly the most stable of combinations on the planet. No students or faculty were harmed, but the entire wing needed to be fumigated and cleared of the debris.

Most likely Mitch trying to get through his feelings through his boner for explosions rather than his hard on for soft spoken redheads. Yet another stupid argument that can easily be settled with a good dicking.

Both girls felt their own comfort next to each other, their newly blossoming relationship feeling more and more natural with every passing day. To Violet, the new relationship felt like a starting over for the two girls. She felt as though their friendship was tested and molded into a newly formed closeness and bond that was only reinforced by Clementine's protectiveness over her ever since their run in with Minerva. Even with everything going on in their lives, Clementine always put Violet as her number one priority above all else, always checking up on the blonde, making sure she was okay and eating properly and especially making sure that she wasn't getting harassed or got caught in any crossfire from any bullies or annoying students. Violet could only feel nothing but sorry for whoever was dumb enough to poke the bear and feel Clementine's wrath when it came to Violet's safety.