Chapter 9

Dude, class can literally eat my ass.

Clementine groans into her hands, her head aching from the hangover she got after last night. Is it her own fault? Definitely, but that doesn't stop her from being incredibly annoyed at the throbbing headache that just won't take it's fat ass elsewhere.

Hesitantly, she takes her head off her hands and raises it, the throbbing in her head immediately increasing as she does so. She moans in agony as she looks around the classroom, seeing Louis working together on something with James on their new art project that they started together. To her left, Violet was being helped by Luke with something and Sophie was being her usual self, drawing an absolutely beautiful picture of a blue butterfly.

That butterfly... I feel like I recognize that from somewhere.

Shrugging aside her thoughts, Clementine looks at the blank piece of paper in front of her that she had planned to draw something on, but had ultimately given up on when her headache hit her even harder than it had done earlier that morning.

"Come on, Clem! Turn that frown upside down, at least you'll get to see your favorite teacher again today!" Sophie says, looking up from her highly detailed drawing as she does so.

"I swear to God, Louis is rubbing off on you. And no, that is not a good thing," Clementine complains, but she fails to hold in her smile when she processed what Sophie said. "But yeah, I am glad that I get to see him again."

Sophie smiles softly when she sees the soft part of her best friend come out. It's very rare that it does, seeing as Clementine's exterior is usually very hardened, but when it does she savors every moment. She wonders why Clementine can't just be like that at all times. But then again, that'd mean the brunette would lose what made her so special, but most importantly, herself.

"Not just that, but PE is finally starting up after last week cancellations. It makes sense though. The weather was way too hot to do any sports in, I bet you'd have even fainted at some point," Sophie says as she continues adding small lines and details to her picture.

"Actually, I went on my usual run that day. And I also did fifty pushups and pullups in my room after school. So, I beg to differ," Clementine grins, knowing that Sophie has always been jealous of her athletic skills. While the redhead was far from out of shape or overweight, she'd never been very skilled at any sport and she didn't work out either. She's somewhat decent at soccer though. But none of that mattered, her drawing practically compensated for all that she 'lacked.'

"It's not my fault my legs are so much more stiff than yours," Sophie defends, looking at Clementine defiantly.

"Stiff, huh? I bet Mitch would be able to crank them open for you and make them feel all soft."

Sophie's eyes widen and her whole body stiffens at Clementine's remark as she lowers her head back down to her drawing in defeat, already feeling a blush creep up the back of her neck. Suddenly becoming quite invested in her drawing once again, she fails to spot Clementine's cocky smirk knowing she was able to bring their conversation to a quick standstill.

Just as the brunette was about to open her mouth to continue teasing her friend about her "not-so-secret" crush, the familiar shrill tones of the bell started to ring out, signaling the end of their current period.

Luke pats Violet on the shoulder and compliments her efforts as he stands to address the rest of the class. "Alright guys and girls! Great job today, seriously. Leave your work on your desk and I'll put them away, we'll pick it back up at the same time tomorrow. Later everyone!"

The class fills with a choir of "Goodbye" and "Later Luke" as the students pack up and rush into the hallways to their next class. Since James and Louis had Marine Biology next period, they said their goodbyes to the girls and went their own way deeper into the school. Sophie and Clementine, however wait at the doorway for Violet and make their journey upstairs to their next class: History.