Chapter 4: Kitten's Rawr

"W-Water... Water... So thirsty... For water..." 

Steven, you're an idiot as always.

Steven was crawling in the desert sand, you're on his back.

"It'll be safer if you stand up and walk." Pearl speaks her concern and looks at you. You WOULD get off, but the sand is too hot for your sensitive paws.

You stick your tung out at Pearl and she looks at you disgusted. "Eh!"

"You don't... understand... This... Is how... You're supposed to act... in the desert... Is this the thing? The place?" Steven gets up in a sweat, you quickly scramble onto his shoulder. 

"Mreeaaaw" you look at him annoyed. 

"Sorry, sorry." Steven gives you some pets as an apology.

"Yes, Steven." Garnet points ahead.

A silhouette of a temple can be seen in the distance, as another sandstone column collapses.

"The power in the structures have turned aimless."

"It's building columns with no roofs, stairs that go nowhere! This is out of control!" Pearl looks like she's going to freak out.

What a neat freak.

"Then I guess we better... *leap-frogs over Steven* ... roll on over there. Heheh."

"Now that was a bit unnecessary." Pearl glares at Amethyst 

"Nuh-nuh nuh nuh nuh, nuh nuh nuh nuh." Amethyst said, mocking Pearl. 

You try to hold in your laugh, but you let out a snort on accident.

"EXCUSE ME?" Pearl glares back at you and then walks over to Amethyst.

"That was rude of you!"

"Yea yea whatever. Miss Perfect"

Lion's roar is heard in the distance, but they don't know that.

Here we go.

"What was that?" Steven looked worried. Oh shush, you're about to get a magical pink lion.

*time skip brought to you by together breakfast*

Lion stands over Steven doing nothing. 

"Huh."

Steven cautiously approaches the lion, but flinches when the lion's ear twitches. He continues to inch forward and the lion gets up to look at Steven. Steven then carefully places his palm on the lion's nose.

"DON'T BITE!"

Steven pets Lion again,

"Awe, you just want attention don't you? Didn't you, didn't you? Your mane, it's so soft. So, you from around here? I'm just here on business.  I really like your pink fur. You're like the cotton candy of the jungle!"

He continues to pet lion, leaving you in the sand next to him.

"Mrow?" Ok Lion, I understand how you want to protect Steven, I respect that. But if you hurt him or any of the other Gems I won't hesitate to scratch your eyes out.

(Yes that was all in one meow, what are you going to do about it?)

"Hmph"  Ok. His "voice" was deep yet soothing.

"Mrrrowww" You better not get in the way if I try to protect Steven.

*grunt* Why would  I do that?