-31-

Astraea Grey 

Two Days Later

"Hayden" I shrieked out between laughs. 

"Say it" He demanded as he stopped tickling me, and pulled me close to him.

"No"

"Say it". He started tickling me again. As we were waiting for gym to start, he blurted out that he loves me. And I replied with 'I love myself too'.  He already knew that I love him so I don't see the point in saying it.

"Fine" I breathed out. He paused from his actions and I saw his eyes tinkle in amusement, thinking that he won. "I love myself". I ran away before he could even grab me.

"Love" He called out, running after me. I knew it was only a matter of time before he caught me. Compared to him, I was a sloth.

"She deserves this"

I stopped and looked at Hayden who wrapped his arms around me waist. The voice belonged to Ginger Pubes. Ever since homecoming, I barely talked to her. I've only received dirty looks from her but I didn't have time to stoop to her level and act like a middle schooler. I've already did that once with her and it was tiring.

"Are you okay?" Hayden brought both of his large hands to my face. His thumb caressed my left cheek. I nodded my head and closed my eyes, just enjoying the warmth his hands brought to my face.

"Grey and Anderson, keep your hands to yourself. And get your behinds onto the court". I opened my eyes and squinted them at Coach Mandy who was stuffing her face with a salad, and gesturing to where everyone else was already lined up. 

Boys on one side and girls on the other. Red dodge balls lined in the middle separating both teams.

Hayden placed a kiss on my forehead before running over to his friends. I gave a light smile as I walked towards the girls. I didn't really have any friends in this gym period, well from the girls. I always found it easy to have guys as friends. They didn't bring as much drama- a times.

Plus, I was good with one girl bestfriend. And that was the max, I was going.

Coach Mandy pointed towards the fifteen balls lined up. "So you guys already know how to play this game. A baby will understand. Now, I want you" She pointed us, girls with her plastic fork "To actually play and no running away from the ball. And you" She turned to the boys who were already itching to grab the balls. They were enjoying the fact that they can throw the balls at us. "To play a fair and easy game. No killing one another" Her eyes narrowed on Hayden and Asher who were both glaring at one another.

"When I blow the whistle, the game will start. Now any questions." She looked between the groups. 

I bit my lip as I raised my hand.

She rolled her eyes at me "Yes?" She sounded annoyed.

"I don't think I can play. I'm not feeling too good" I remarked, earning a couple glances from everybody.

"You don't think she's pregnant" I heard a girl muttered and I just glared at her. I may be having different mood swings these past couple day and I may look bloated but that's because I'm on my freaken period.

"You were perfectly fine, running with your boy toy". She quirked a brow as she placed, well more so like stuffed a fork full of leaves into her mouth.

"He's not my boy toy, and I was fine until I saw your face". I remarked, glaring at the Coach. She was getting on my damn nerves. 

Her face redden at my comment, while other snickered. She grabbed her black whistle that was hanging around her neck. She blew into it and everybody ran towards the balls.

I was surprised when my tiny hands picked up a red ball. I looked up and saw one of the boys who happened to be cheering after he hit a girl. A smirk played on my lips as I brought my arm and threw the ball, hitting him in the face.

He allowed the ball to fall and he searched for who had just gotten him out. I waved my hand and pointed towards the sidelines. I grabbed another ball and went to go throw it at someone else. But a ball hit me before anything, in the back of my damn head.

I turned on my heel and looked at Hazel who was smirking at me. "You're out" She said while crossing her arms.

"You dim wit, we're on the same team" I called out. I turned around and threw the ball at a random person.

"Seriously, Love?!" My eyes widened as I realized I threw the ball at Hayden.

"Sorry" I gave him a small smile before grabbing another ball and throwing it at someone else.

~*~

My eyes scanned my side of the court. I was the only girl left on my court.

Wow.

I looked at the boys side and Asher and his bamboos were still left. All holding a red ball, smirking at me.

Well, fuck me.

"They have all the balls" I called out to Coach Mandy who was recording the fucking game.

She shrugged her shoulders "I don't know what to tell you".

"Fucking bitch" I muttered. I looked at the boys, and I just rolled my eyes. "I give up, they win" I call out.

"No you play the game until the end. Now play" Coach Mandy gestured for us to continue.

I rolled my eyes again and dodged a ball that came flying at me. Two more came and I dodged those too.

A smirk came onto my face, this was e-.

Before I knew it, a red ball slammed right in my face, knocking me over and making me hit my head against the floor.

The balls kept coming, hitting me in the head.

"Cant you see she's out, stop fucking throwing the balls" Hayden yelled. 

I groaned in pain and tried keeping my eyes opening. The gym ceiling was spinning.

"Hey, hey, keep your eyes on me" I looked at Hayden who rushed to my side. I gave him a weak smile and touched my forehead. 

It hurt like hell.

My eyes begin to slowly shut as the entire room became blurry.

My hearing became muffled. The faded echo of Hayden voice calling my name was the only thing I could hear. But it was becoming so distant as I shut my eyes. 

The whole room became black.

Silence.

It was all silence.