-5-

Astraea Grey

As soon as Hayden pulled up, all eyes were on him. He was finally showing his face. The stares increased when he wrapped his arm around my waist, pushing my against the car door.

"Hayden seriously, wait until I'm out of sight". Colton complained as he got out the car. His nose srunched up in digust as he looked at me. "Bye sis, and keep your hands to yourself" He added the last comment while looking at the infamous Hayden. He just hummed in response while looking at me. 

I watched as my brother walked away to his group of friends. "Hayden, everyones staring" I whispered as I looked around the school parking lot. All eyes were on us. 

"That's the point Rae" A smirk played on his lips. "Now lets go find Mads". He placed a kiss on my forehead before putting his arm losly over my shoulder holding me close. Seeing what they needed to see everyone went back to their talking. Some still holding their gazes on us. I recieved mostly dirty looks from girls as Hayden had just became single, then I snatched him up.

"And the boys are staring mostly because of your short skirt Rae" Hayden whipsered making chills scattered across my body.

I let out a giggle "Let them stare" I commented while looking at my brother who had just slapped his friend Alex on the back of his head. That boy had anger issues. We walked inside the school still receiving stares. My name was bouncing off the walls in the hall. I tried straining my ears to get a listen but started blocking them out as I was getting called a slut, whore. I understand that they wanted him but there's no need to slut shame someone when they don't deserve it.

"Hey Astraea" My lab partner from AP-Chemistry gave me a smile. Hayden pulled me closer, making me roll my eyes. "I just wanted to give you the lab report. I'm not going to be in class".

I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear before grabbing his side of the report. "Hey Jaden and thanks". Well looks like I'm going to have to finish the lab by myself.

"Good luck and hi Hayden". Hayden finally looked interested in the conversation when he heard his name.

"Hi" He said annoyingly. 

"You got lucky with her. She's special" Jaden's green eyes locked with my own brown ones. He ran his hand through his platinum blonde hair before giving me a smile and walking off. I looked up at Hayden who was looking at Jaden who had just walked over, he furrowed his eyebrows as he was thinking of something.

"Come on". I gestured to my locker where Madison was along with Darnell. They were laughing and holding hands. I honestly felt so happy for her. She deserved someone way better than her last ex. Fucking bastard.

"Rae, and Hayden" Her voiced was laced with venom as she looked at our bestfriend. She gave me a hug and then went to Hayden. "When this little charade is over I will kill you. And don't hurt my bestfriend. Understand". She went back to her regular height as she had been on her tippy toes whispering in Hayden's ear. She gave him a sweet innocent smile.

"She's also my bestfriend too and I will never do something like that". I looked at Madison who wanted to punch him. She looked at me and her eyes were telling me she was sorry. She knew how much those words were hurting me. Because I was in this fake relationship helping my bestfriend the person I love get back with his ex. I'm just dumb.

"Hey Darnell" I looked over at Darnell who was on his phone.

"Hey Astraea" He gave me a smile flashing off his white teeth.

"Just call me Rae, all my friends do. And if you hurt my best friend I wont hesitate to chop your balls off and shove it down your throat". I smiled at him sweetly. He chuckled thinking I was joking. "I'm serious" I dropped my smile seeing it was making the impression I wasn't serious.

"Oh wow. It was nice talking you, I gotta get to a football meeting". He told Madison as he placed a kiss on her forehead. I tucked my lip between my teeth trying to suppress my loud mouth from saying 'aww'.

 "Bye" She smiled at him.

"So how long is this going on" Madison asked as she pointed between Hayden and I.

"Until I get Hazel back" Hayden answered while pulling away from me. Madison rolled her eyes and looked at the ceiling.

"I'm going to get going" She gave me a smile before walking off. I looked at her body getting lost in the sea of students. I opened my locker and got my books.

"Rae". I hummed in response. "Hazel is coming"

"Okay, here you can hold my bag." I turned around handing him my back. In a split second, he pushed me against the lockers. My eyes widened from the sudden impact. "What are you doing?"

"Can I kiss you?" He whispered while looking into my eyes then my lips.

"Y-yes" As the words left my mouth, Hayden cupped my face and leaned down closing the gap between us. His soft lips came into contact with mine. He pulled me closer, and I wrapped my arms around his neck deepening the kiss. His tongue trailed my bottom lip. Being the stubborn person I am, I didn't open my mouth. His teeth bit down on my bottom lip making me gasp. Our tongues fought for dominance but Hayden allowed me to take over. He held me close as I felt myself going weak. After a while we broke apart, gasping for air.

Hayden leaned his forehead against my own. "You kiss hella good" He rubbed his lips "Are you wearing strawberry lip-gloss". 

I giggled like a little school girl. "Yes" I looked over Hayden's shoulder to see Hazel staring at us. Her left eyes was twitching and her mouth was open. I gave her a smile before looking back at Hayden. "Let's get to class" I intertwined our hands and began walking to class. I looked over at Hayden who was smirking as we passed Hazel.

So that's what it felt like to kiss Hayden. So I guess I can scratch that off my bucket list.