57| Submission To The Flame

The following morning Sky stretches her limbs after being woken by the flood of light coming through the windows, moaning quietly at the exquisite pleasure of doing so until she realises something isn't quite right, or more specifically, that something is missing.

She flutters her eyes open whilst gradually pushing herself up into a sitting position, combing her incredibly long hair out of her face as she turns her head, now realising that she is alone.

She smooths her hand over the space where Cloud slept alongside her, catching herself daydreaming about the memory of his soft breathing tickling her neck and the sweet scent of his fragrant shampoo.

Before Antonio wakes up and discovers her, Sky goes barefoot on the floor, hurriedly spreading his bed, deciding to borrow one of his comforters and take a spare pillow whilst she's at it. That way they'll have a reason to see each other again.

However, on her way out, Sky notices a wrapped gift with her name written in black ink laying on top of the dresser. Antonio stirs so she doesn't have time to read it now, grabbing them both and sneakily slipping out of the door before he catches her.

With the pillow under one arm and the comforter draped over her shoulders, Sky almost makes it back to her dorm without being noticed, that is until she runs into Neith who happens to be criminally insane when it comes to getting her morning workout in.

It's not even seven in the morning and already she's showered, dressed and coming back from a run around the grounds.

"Now what is this?" she teases, pausing her music before removing the air pods in her ears, looking refreshed with a new haircut after letting her naturally curly hair grow far too long. "The Princess of Sirenia doing the Walk of Shame?"

If Sky was drinking anything she'd have spit it out immediately. "Oh god, it's not like that!"

"Who's the lucky guy?"

"Neith, I swear to god, it's not like that!"

"Okay, I believe you, there was definitely nothing spicy going on last night." she says sarcastically, shaking her head whilst doing so with her palms raised to add injury to insult. "As long as it's not Topher."

Sky raises a brow as they walk together, feeling a little better to see that she wasn't the only one sneaking through the halls last night as Jason Aranborn slips past them with Mellan on his arm wearing his hoodie. "Why would it be Topher?"

"I don't know, you tell me?" she inquires

"There's nothing going on there."

"Are you sure? You guys have that whole enemies to lovers thing going for you."

Sky immediately scowls at the preposterous idea. "Trust me, I would never go there with him. He's rude, overconfident and has Casey's face, who's virtually my little brother."

Neith laughs, checking the smart watch on her wrist for her heartbeat. "Fair point."

"I could go on-"

"-no, I get it!" Neith utters, regretting that she even brought the idea up at all, quickly pivoting onto the gift in Sky's hand. "I'm guessing your little boyfriend got you a gift. How sweet, I already hate him."

"Again, not my boyfriend."

Neith stops walking, pivoting on her heels to face Sky. "Alright, I've waited long enough, are you going to open the present or should I?"

"Neith, respectfully it's too early for-"

"-I wasn't going to mention the breath."

"Excuse me?" Originally Sky considers letting herself feel offended by the comment but once she gets a whiff of her own breath she smacks her mouth shut.