49| Freya Of Fury

"Frey-" Cloud whispers, her name getting caught in his throat, staggering backwards as Hunter pushes him to the back. "Freya."

Once she tries to take a step forward, Neith blocks path, holding her palm up to what she assumes is an imposter. "Alright, that's far enough!"

In return, Freya shakes her head, fluttering her dark lashes to bay away the blurry spots in her vision. "Stop me."

No more words are shared, the lights flicker before they go out for a second time, the world becomes quiet enough to hear a pin drop.

In the blink of an eye Freya leaps into a shadow on the wall, reappearing behind everyone else without making a sound.

Sky spins around when she hears a sound that reminds her of leather being tightly wound over and over again, initially doubting herself only to realise it's the sound of Cloud being choked to death.

Her mouth drops open once she sees Cloud's face lit up like a Christmas tree as he desperately wriggles to free himself for her grip, kicking out with his feet hovering off the ground as Freya grabs him by the throat.

She squeezes him tightly enough for his eyes to look like they're about to burst out of his skull with her pair of rubbery black wings beginning to sprout from the tares in the back of her jacket.

Sky taps into her blood bending ability, her own leaking into the whites of her eyes as she works to release Freya's hold on Cloud's throat.

She quickly realises just how much grip strength her former best friend has acquired after her resurrection when it takes almost everything she has just to prise her fingers off of him.

Freya's hand shakes but not nearly as much as Sky's trembling ones, squinting her eyes as she tries to end things as quickly as possible, ignoring the blood leaking from her ears as she works to pop him like a grape.

Whilst using her ability, Sky's hair loses its original colour, the transformation staring at her roots before seeping into the tips of her hair, magically turning black as she lets out an inhumane scream that echoes through the hospital's tight corridors.

Hunter uses his inhuman speed to ram himself into Freya, the two of them crashing through a wall as Cloud and Sky fall to the ground simultaneously.

Sky grits her teeth after hitting the ground hard with both knees, squeezing her lips together as she rides out the pain. "Let's get moving."

"I know, I know, it's going to hurt." Neith utters softly as she tries to help Cloud back on his feet. "Just don't try to talk."

With Casey's help they manage it, trying their best to guide him through the hospital which they find to be more difficult than usual given how lightheaded he still feels.

"You alright?" Topher inquires, taking up the back of the herd with Sky who grips her right elbow with her left hand as they run to catch up with the others.

"If things go south I'm counting on you to get everyone else as far away as possible." she responds, hearing the skirmish between Freya and Hunter following close behind.

"From them or from you?" he asks, lowering his gaze to the three clawed fingers he can see sprouting out of her much longer and thinner hair.

"What do you think?"

"I think you're dodging the question." he replies, skidding to a halt once the Harbingers of death fall from the sky after tumbling in and out of shadows, landing in the middle of the group, separating them into two smart parties.

Freya peers down at Hunter with an apathetic gaze as he growls in her face with his sharpened canines on full display.

She delivers a devastating blow to the chin that discombobulates him long enough for her to grab him by the hair and shadow travel them both into the woods.