Chapter 1

I was never one for exercise before. I used to hate running. Now I'm really thankful about it. Over the past month I've been running from a group I used to be in. They had taken me in with them, I didn't know what they were. They never let the women go on runs because 'it was men job.' One day a young boy had stumbled into our camp. He wasn't hurting anyone, all he wanted was some food and water. Some of the women tried helping him. Some of the men that were around shot the boy right there and then. The women that helped him were taken into a tent and were raped. It was then I realized that I had to leave them. So here I was running from them. They could of possibly stopped looking for me by now, but I couldn't risk it. I could be miles away from them now. I had taken all I could with me. I had a backpack with a few supplies. A flashlight, two water bottles, three knifes, a gun, a can of food, and a pair of jeans and a shirt. It wasn't much, but it had to do. All I wanted was to rest. I was covered in sweat, dirt, and blood. I was also exhausted. Not having enough food was starting to affect my body. Water was sacred and I didn't want it to finish fast, so I take sips a day. I was walking on an abandon road, I had stopped running a while back. All I could hear was the sound of birds and wind. There wasn't any sound of droolers around, which was good.

The sound of vehicles made me stop. It didn't sound like normal truck would. It sounded more like army vehicles. I turned around to see what direction it was coming from. My dark green cap blocked the glare of the sun. Soon a yellow truck appeared, followed by other trucks. They all past by me as if they didn't see me.That was until one of them honk the horn. They all stopped by the side of the road. I didn't know why they did that. Its not like other survivors are going to pass by. A group of men started approaching me. I pulled my gun out of the side pocket of my backpack and aimed at them.

"We're not going to hurt you" The man spoke carefully. He was tall and had chocolate brown hair, he seemed like the charming type. I ignored him and kept my gun up, aiming straight at his head. The men he was with gun had their guns aimed at me.

"Put your gun down" he tried again.

"Tell them to put theirs down first" I nodded my head at his men.

"Okay, put them down guys" he ordered them. They all put their guns down. I hesitated to put mine down, but did anyway.

"Are you alone?" the man asked again. Some of his men looked around for any threats.

"What does it look like?" I rolled my eyes. I know acting like this can get me killed, but what if's.

"We can take you in. We have a town, there's women and kids there. You don't have to run anymore" he smiled. It sounded tempting. Having a place to rest and eat food.

"Okay" I nodded. All the men started walking back to the trucks without a word, all except one. He was tall, and had his hair in a buzz cut. He had blue eyes and was missing a hand. He had a rough image, as if he has been through hell and back. He had a smirk on his face as he approached me. His eyes held lust. I could instantly see what he was after.

"What's your name?" the man that seemed to be the leader asked me.

"My name's Red" I snapped my eyes back at him. He had me a weird look at the choice of name I gave him.

"I'm the Governor" he introduced him self. I raised an eyebrow at the name "that's Merle" he then introduced the man with the missing hand. Merle only nodded his head at me, smirk still on his face.

"We should get going" The governor said "we'll get you settled down when we arrived"

I followed after him. I could feel eyes burning into me as I walked. I turned around to see Merle looking at my ass.

"Hey, hot stuff" he looked up at me "keep your eyes up here"

"Can't promise anything, sugar tits" he licked his lips. I rolled my eyes at his comment and got in the back seat of the yellow truck. The Governor was in the driver's seat and on the passenger's seat was a Hispanic man. In the back seat was a black man. I sat down and was about to close the door when a long knife stopped me. The door open again, Merle had opened it.

"You gotta scoot over, sugar tits" he didn't give me a chance to answer and got in. I moved to the middle and crossed my arms. It's the first time I regret wearing a v-neck. I could feel Merle's lustful eyes on my breasts. I held in the urge to punch him on the face. We drove for maybe half and hour until we reacted a wall made of tires. There were people walking on the wall. They were high enough to keep droolers out.

"Welcome to Woodbury"