| Chapter 13 |

Jack took me to a park that had a lake. It was nearly empty with the exception of a couple early-morning joggers. We walked down the path that led to the lake and it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. The water was calm with a few ducks swimming. We walked to the other end of it where there was a small stone pavilion covered in moss and vines. We sat down beneath it on a built-in stone bench.

"What do you think," he asked me.

"It's perfect," I spoke, nearly breathless.

"This is my special place you asked about. I come out here to think, to write, whatever."

The amount of passion in his eyes as he talked about this oasis had me feeling some type of way. I shivered.

"Cold?" He asked.

I simply shook my head. "Hey, pass one of those Slim Jim's, will you?" I grinned.

He passes me one out of the pocket I slipped it in, then opened a cinnamon bun for himself. He looked out on the lake and took a deep breath as he chewed. That jaw line of his was sharp enough to slice through all of my clothes right now. The attraction I felt for him was showing no limits.

"Wish we had a rowboat or something," he spoke.

And there it was, wall number three, being easily sledgehammered to ruin. It was a bittersweet sensation of destruction and I was glad it was because of him. After we finished our snacks, I took out one of the packs of gum that he slipped into my inner jacket pocket and took out a piece to chew on.

"I don't like kissing with food breath," I chuckled, holding out the pack to him. He took out a piece for himself, smirking at me.

"So you just know we're gonna end up kissing again," he smirked, placing the gum in his mouth.

"It's inevitable," I responded.

"I was thinking," he began. "How we talked under the bleachers that day? I can't talk like that with anyone else. And I don't openly speak with everyone."

All I could do was place my hand on his. He scooted closer and leaned in to kiss me. It was like magic how the wind blew around us at that very moment. I lifted both my legs up until they rested on his lap and got even closer. Having his hands grip onto my thighs was heaven on earth.

"Don't fall in love," I whispered against his lips.

"I don't make promises," he whispered back.

_________

After a couple hours of talking about everything under the sun, including the rise and fall of the German power over France for some reason, we were back on the road. I felt the most comfortable on the back of that scooter. This time I held onto him underneath his shirt, loving what I felt. We went to the mall. I love malls before noon. Just about empty.

"My lady," Jack said as he held his hand out toward a motorized shopping cart. I laughed and hopped on one while he hopped on the other. He led the way as we drove through the mall. One of the security guards didn't even care. He was too busy munching on a Dunkin Donuts sandwich and coffee to worry. We continued on and stopped by Spencer's where we saw Skate setting up shop for the day.

"I didn't know you actually worked here," I said, grabbing his attention.

He looked up and looked surprised to see us. "Holy shit," he said lazily and half-asleep...or high. "What's goin' on?"

"We're on an adventure, sir," Gilinsky spoke in a fake English accent.

"Yeah well, adventure out of sight," Skate told us. "Sammy's been looking for you."