| Chapter 4 |

It only took 30 minutes for the pills to kick in. I sat between Sammy and Jack while Skate sat on the recliner chair. My skin felt tingly to the touch and I couldn't help but feel myself up a bit. I was in love with myself and in love with the atmosphere. There were random colorful halos that I kept seeing and the music playing low in the background was causing them to change color.

"So Los Angeles huh," I heard Sammy next to me. He was petting his dog very slowly in the same daze as me.

I nodded. "So Omaha, huh?"

"Yeah." He flirtatiously laughed. "I like your shirt."

"Thanks Sammy."

"I like your nails."

"Thank you."

"I'm glad you came," he chuckled in a goofy way.

"Dude," I laughed.

I looked over at Skate who was staring at his hand with amazement. Next to me was Jack. He was bobbing his head erratically to the music and rapped along, laughing to himself. In between, his mouth moved as if he was chewing gum even though his mouth was empty.

I felt a tickle on my earlobe and turned to Sammy who had an impeccable smile across his face.

"Earlobes are weird," Sammy began. "It's like, some are extra pieces of flesh and the others are connected to the head."

"Fuck!" Jack exclaimed causing all of us to quickly look at what's going on. "I feel...amazing. Like a fucking Maserati. You don't fucking feel what I feel!"

"I feel what you feel, man," Skate said calmly. "But not like a car, more like a pillow. A tempurpedic pillow. Don't push my skin, it'll take a while to come back."

I burst out laughing and Sammy starts tickling my earlobe again.

"How many piercings do you have?" He asks me.

"Five," I answered.

"I only see two...ohhh...word?" Sammy smirks. "Nice. Do you wanna see my pet turtle?"

I shrugged. Jack watched us as we walked to Sammy's room. He's got this protective vibe about him, but I like it. Everything aches though. I ultimately want Jack. I want time alone with him. But I know if I do something like that, I might fall. I hate when I fall for someone. It's the worst fucking thing you could ever do to yourself. It's just setting yourself up for heartbreak and ruin. I don't picture Jack in my bed...well, I do, but not only there. I picture him in a romantic setting with me. True boyfriend material. But that's a no-fly zone right now. My last relationship nearly killed me. Let's just say...I still have the old scars on my legs and arms. But I don't do that anymore.

We walked into Sammy's room and it was actually very nice. Hardwood floors, king size bed, mahogany headboard, and a black comforter to match the curtains. Everything was put away and stored. His stash was under his bed in a locked trunk. I saw the turtle in its tank on the white desk near the window, right next to his Macbook.

"That's the smallest fucking turtle in the world," I exaggerated.

Sammy chuckled. "He's not that small. At least not when I bought him."

"What's his name?"

"Honestly I can't remember right now. But hey..." Sammy's hands find my waist and I stand upright, leaning against him and placing my hand back behind his neck. He was against my back and getting more and more aroused.

"What?" I softly spoke.

"Nothing," he said into my ear before nibbling on it. Soon he turned me around and we kissed while my hands explored his bare & muscular torso. We moved until we fell onto the bed. He pulled my shirt over my head and tossed it onto the pillows. Making out while rolling was heavenly. Everything seemed fluid.

"Tell me what you want babygirl," he whispered down my stomach with kisses.

"Whatever you're willing to give," I replied. "As long as you don't go falling in love."

"Mm, yeah you're perfect."

As he reached for the button on my shorts, Skate shouted from the living room. "Yo! Your mom is pullin' up!"

Sam hit the mattress with his fist and got off of me.

"Put your shirt back on," Sammy commanded. He hurriedly left the room. I could hear him telling the guys to hide the blunts. I quickly grabbed my shirt and threw it on. When I got into the living room, Sammy was fluffing the pillows while Jack and Skate thought drinking water would help ease the high. Sammy turned the TV on to HBO.

"Act normal," Sammy told us as he sat in the recliner. Well specifically me since the boys probably already know the drill.

The rest of us sat on the long couch. I sat on the end, next to Jack. Sammy's mother walks in carrying a couple tote bags and her purse.

"Hey Sammy," she sighed.

"Hey mom," he said in a completely different tone and demeanor. He must be mommy's little angel.

"I just wasn't feeling good enough for the night shift. Guess I'm coming down with something."

"Well you do work in a hospital, Mrs. Wilkinson," Skate said. Jack tapped him on the stomach. "Ow, bro...use your words."

"Oh hello Nate, always a pleasure," she stated sarcastically. So his real name is Nate, cool. I still prefer Skate. "Hello Jack. And who do we have here?" She tilted her head to the side to analyze me.

"That's Imogen," Skate said. "She's from LA."

"You know Imogen, when I was your age, my mother would kill me for wearing shorts and hanging out with boys without parental supervision."

"Because the further back in time we go, the more misogynistic and conservative society was?" I said trying to keep an innocent face.

"Beg pardon?" She truly didn't hear me.

"Uhh," Jack said, halting the subject matter. He proceeded to put his arm around me. "This is my girlfriend actually."

"Everyone gets some before me," Skate mumbled.

"You had a girlfriend in California, Jack?" She asked.

"You know us kids these days," he chuckled. "Always on that darn internet and talking to strangers. But I just...I loved talking to this girl so much. You can imagine how happy I was that she was moving from the City of Angels all the way to Omaha. Now she's just my angel."

He kissed me on the cheek after that cheesy speech. In a way, I liked it. It was a foreign feeling. No guy has ever talked to me like that, even if it was just for play. Not even my dead ex-boyfriend treated me that way. He's not really dead, just dead to me. Marco can fuck off to hell for all I care. But I digress...

I played along and held onto his hand that was draped over my shoulder.

"Isn't that sweet," Sammy's mom squealed. "Ugh, I miss being young and in love. Well, I'm going to take some medicine and go to sleep. Everything is alright though, Sammy?"

"It's all good, mother," he said.

I didn't realize that after his mom left the room, Jack's arm remained on my shoulder, and our fingers remained locked. He even began softly tracing circles with his thumb. A shiver ran up my spine and I knew what that shiver meant. I sprung from the couch, soon realizing I should not have moved so quickly, but I contained myself before I started having a bad trip.

"I should get going," I said.

"Aww, why?" Sammy asked.

"Curfew. Trust me, I didn't move here on a whim. I was punished as soon as I got here."

"Where do you live?" Jack asked me.

"Orchard Street," I informed him.

"I'll walk you, it's only a few blocks away," Jack offered.

"Uhhh," I trembled. "Sure."

I had no idea what our time together was about to entail. But I was nervous. And I surely didn't trust myself.

................

Author's Note: What do you think will happen with Jack and Imogen? Vote & Comment!! xx