| Chapter 12 |

"His what?" I was horrible at playing dumb.

"His scooter," Sammy's voice rose a bit. "The one he just got for his birthday. I saw it in your backyard through the sliding glass doors. What's it doing here?"

"Oh," I chuckled. "I forgot. He had asked me if he could keep it here while he went down the street to someone's house. He said he didn't trust parking out front, so..."

Sammy laughed quietly while looking at the floor and it made me feel uncomfortable. He reached over and touched my thigh. His hand went up my side, over my breast, and stopped at my jawline. "Babygirl," he spoke in a delicate voice. His fingers graced down my neck to my collarbone before his hand came back to my neck and lightly grabbed onto it. He moved closer and kissed my earlobe as his hand around my neck squeezed a little tighter. 

"I don't like when people lie to me," he said with a sexual tone into my ear.

"I'm not lying," I spoke with what air remained in my passageway. His hand squeezed a little tighter and I gasped. "You're hurting me." After that, I heard a little movement beneath the bed.

"Oh?" Sammy said against my cheek and smiled. "My bad."

He let go and I took deep breaths to make up for what was lost.

"Well since he's not here, wanna fuck real quick before I head out on a few runs?"

"Um," my leg bounced but I soon stopped. "No, I'm not really in the mood."

The tension in the atmosphere got a little thicker because I couldn't read Sammy's expressions. He may chuckle and act playful, but I could sense the negative intent behind them right now.

"Okay," he shrugged. "Well, whenever you see Jack, tell him I need my Skeleton grinder back. Matter of fact, I'll just call him right now."

"My aunt will be home any minute now," I warned.

"Nah, I don't think she will," he grinned as he brought his phone up to his ear. "Your cousin told me she works late nights. But hush, it's ringing."

Sammy kept quiet and looked around. I knew what he was doing; trying to see if he could hear Jack's phone in my room. But oddly enough, there was dead silence.

"Hmm." Sammy stood up. He put his phone in his pocket and ran his fingers through my hair. "Sorry." He leaned down and kissed my forehead. "I'll text you later."

Sammy did one last quick scan of my room. Who the hell does he think he is? Finally, he left my room.

"Don't come out yet," I whispered to Jack. I walked over to my window to make sure Sammy got in his car and drove away. Then I told Jack the coast was clear.

He came out from under the bed and rushed to my side, examining my neck. "Are you okay?" 

I nodded. "What the hell was that all about? Me and him aren't even together!"

"Sammy is," Jack sighed. "He's very territorial."

"That's funny when the moral code between stoners is to share," I folded my arms.

"We'll tell him when the time is right," Jack said fixing up his beanie.

"Tell him what? There's nothing he needs to know."

"Well...I was hoping there could be something." His eyes lowered and he suddenly came off as shy and bashful.

"What are you saying, Jack? Don't tell me this pussy has you ready to commit," I joked.

He chuckled. "I wanted you before the pussy and you know that."

I sighed and plopped down on my bed, covering my face. "I haven't had a boyfriend in forever, you know? He hurt me so bad. And I'm not saying you will, I just...wanna have fun right now."