25. A Promise

Maria Angela said "What do you want in order not to report officer Rosario."

He said "I can't let you prevent the course of justice."

Maria Angela gasped. "Come on."

Lochlan said "Go back to your duties. You need to help capture the girls. Away from this area actually. I have already done this perimeter. No one was around here. I am a captain. I know how to find people. Officer Rosario has chosen the hard way so captain Rossi will deal with my complaint. Now... Let go."

Maria Angela said "No. Please. Dont do it."

Lochlan said "Let go of my hand."

Maria Angela said "Don't do this. Please.... I will... I will... do anything."

Her words registered in his mind. Lochlan said "Anything?"

Maria Angela said "Yes."

Lochlan said "You cant back away from this."

Maria Angela said "I know I cant..."

Lavinia was looking between Maria Angela and Lochlan "Dont promise him anything Maria Angela. I dont mind feeling the heat... He can do his worst."

Maria Angela turned and gave Lavinia a look "I cant let you throw away your hard work. If he reports you, you can kiss goodbye with all the credits you earned here. You will be demoted to soldier position and have to start again." She turned to Lochlan "Ask me for anything."

Lochlan said "You know what I want."

Maria Angela took a deep breath "Anything you want I will grant it."

Lavinia said "Don't Maria Angela. He wants you to kiss him. You can't do that. You cant give your first kiss away." She knew that Maria Angela had witheld from kissing him and dating him.

Lochlan looked past Maria Angela at Lavinia and said harshly "No actually. That's not what I want. I can wait until she is ready... What I want from her she is ready for. I know she is."

Maria Angela said "What is it you want? I will go through with it."

Lochlan looked at Maria Angela "Will you though? Will you officially go out with me? Will you officially be my girlfriend? Will you introduce me to your parents as your boyfriend? Will you let me introduce you to my parents as my girlfriend?"

Maria Angela took a deep breath " I will... I will be officially your girlfriend. I will ... introduce you to my parents... this weekend. Then I will come to your parents house so you can introduce me to your parents."

Lochlan asked "Will you actually go through with it? Will you actually go on dates with me?"

Maria Angela said "Yes I will."

Lavinia said "Don't do it."

Maria Angela said "I will do anything."

Lochlan said "In that case... I will let it go."

Maria Angela slowly let go of his hand and lochlan put away the Walkie talkie earning a sigh of relief from Maria Angela .

Lavinia gasped "You can't possibly go through with it."

Maria Angela said.  "A promise is a promise. I said I would go out with you and will introduce you to my parents. You are right. I am ready for that. I have been avoiding you and wanted to create distance between us. But I cant for any longer."

Lochlan looked into her eyes intensely. He said softly "Will you go out with me tonight?" 

Maria Angela said "I will."