10. Friday Night

Once Arcangelo pulled away he removed himself from top of Lavinia and got off the billiard table. He watched her breathing hard. He stared at her silently and then said "Will you come get a soda with me?"

She shook her head "Caveman I want my book back. Now." She then sat up and got off the billiard table.

He rolled his eyes and walked to his desk. He opened a drawer and pulled out her book. He said "Catch." He then threw it at her.

She grabbed the book mid air effortlessly "You call that a throw caveman? I hope you don't throw like this on the field."

He put his hands in his pockets " I am trying to ignore your words right now. Don't forget you have lost a bet. I won't push it if I were you."

She walked towards him "But you are not me caveman. I push it as much as I want. So what do you want me to do for the bet?"

He said " I like to take my time deciding on what you should do."

She said with a smile "I know caveman. You like tormenting me so you take your time for deciding..."

He said "So will you come grab a soda with me?"

She said "What do you think caveman? Hello? I just kissed you... for a long time. I like to have some cooling down period. I am sure you do too."

He said "That's why I suggested you come grab a soda with me... to cool down ..."

She said "No caveman. I have plans..."

He raised an eyebrow "Plans? What kind of plans?"

She said "Plans that don't include you. It's my Friday night after all. I like to unwind abit..." She then turned and walked away "See you later caveman."

He said " You can unwind with me."

She put her hand on the handle and turned to him "No. I don't like unwinding with you but ... I do like winding you up..." She then winked and opened the door. She made her way out of his office building.

At their school they had many recreational outlets. Especially for Friday nights. Even though this was a military school they had enough places to go in their free time and enough activities to choose from.

She went to her residence first and put her book in her bookshelf in a safe place. She then left to go have fun. She made her way to a cafe where kids were dancing. She ordered a milkshake and sat down. As she was watching others dance she saw a familiar face who she hadn't seen for awhile. Marco Moretti. He was wearing a suit that made him stand out among the other guys who were mostly wearing jeans and T-shirts alongside girls with casual dresses. It was off duty time afterall.

Marco saw Lavinia and walked towards her. She sipped from her milkshake as she watched him approach her. She looked up and said "Hi."

Marco said "Hi. It's been a long time that I haven't seen you. Can I sit here?"

She nodded "Sure. Arcangelo isn't around. Otherwise this is his spot."

He said "Are you guys still together? I heard you broke up."

She said "Well. It wasn't a break up. It was me creating distance to have some space."

He sat down slowly as he looked around "When are you graduating?"

She said "Why do you ask? I would say I will graduate earlier than you... You took time off to go back to Italy. So if you want to graduate a captain you must put in extra effort and make up for what you missed out on. Just pick up from where you left off."