8. More Games

Lavinia finally sighed "Not this evening. I am busy Arcangelo."

Arcangelo asked "Is that your final answer?"

Lavinia said "Yes."

Arcangelo said "Fine. I will catch you later." He then walked away.

Lavinia found the exchange odd. He had just left. She sighed and opened her book again to read. It was a nice and breezy, peaceful evening. "What could go wrong?" She thought. She decided to go get a glass of water. She put her book down and then walked to the water fountain, drank some water and then walked to the tree. She didn't see her book anywhere. She said "You have got to be kidding me." She then heard him from behind her "Looking for something?"

She turned around and said "You... Give back my book."

Arcangelo said "Forget the book."

Lavinia asked "Is this your way of saying "If I can't spend time with you no one can.?"

Arcangelo said "No. This is me saying ... If I can't spend time with you, you should reconsider."

Lavinia said "I don't like playing pool anyways."

Arcangelo said "It's just because I beat you every time at it."

Lavinia gave him a hard look "I have come close to beating you... You defeated me by luck the last time."

Arcangelo said "No. It was never a defeat. It was a slaughter. Are you afraid to lose? I will go easy on you this time."

She gave him a deadly look. "Go to hell caveman. You know what? I am going to my room to study abit more. You go play billiard with yourself and beat yourself." She then walked away.

***
It was late evening. He was shirtless in his jeans as he was in his office and was playing billiard alone with himself.

He had a billiard table right there in his office because the captain office was spacious enough for it and he liked hitting balls with a stick when he felt like it. Nicandro had placed an archery set in his captain office and Leandro had a boxing punch bag. They all had some hobby to release their energy. If he couldn't play with Lavinia, he played alone and tried to clear his head not thinking of how much he missed her challenging him.

Suddenly the door buzzed. He went to get the door "Who is this?" He opened the door and saw Lavinia standing there in a dress. "Hi caveman. I thought I change into something more comfy. So it's easier to stretch."

He looked at her "You look... great." And she did. The dress suited her and she had her hair down too.

Lavinia said "I take you on. I nearly beat you last time. You are going down."

He said " No I won't."

She said "You will."

He asked "You wanna bet."

She said "I do." She then walked inside with determination.

He closed the door and looked at how the dress was wearing her. She looked radiant. The clothes were truly wearing her always. But this dress really brought out the colour of her eyes.

Lavinia was feeling hot again. Did he have to be shirtless. He looked so good. Too handsome. All she wanted to do was kiss him at the door. But that had to wait. She had to try to beat him. It was just a stick and a couple of balls. She could do it. She hoped.

Arcangelo smiled as he entered the room behind her. She was competitive. And he loved her for it. It wasn't within her nature to walk away from an open challenge.