6. Heat

After Arcangelo walked Lavinia to her dorm room, she said "Go back to your cave, caveman..." She then shut her door. He wanted to snap back at her but it was abit late. He could catch up with her later.

Arcangelo went back to his room but he decided to go for a run around the base before he went to bed. He did some stretches outside and went for a run all across the campus. He needed to clear his mind sometimes. Whenever he got too close to Lavinia he definitely needed a run. She awakened feelings in him. He wanted nothing but to be with her. She made his life like a dream. But now it was back to reality. The cold feeling outside.

Just as he was running he noticed there were two figures outside his sister's dorm room. It took seconds to recognise him. Lochlan had one hand on the wall and was talking to his sister. He was standing too close to her for his liking.

All of a sudden, Lochlan felt himself grabbed from behind and pushed against the wall. He turned around angrily and then saw who was standing there in front of his sister.

Arcangelo said in a low tone "What are you doing here this time of night? Keep your distance when you talk to her. What's up with breathing down her neck?"

Lochlan said " I was not breathing down her neck. I was inhaling her perfume."

Arcangelo took a step threateningly towards Lochlan.

Maria Angela quickly walked around her brother and stood between him and Lochlan. "Arcangelo. Leave it. I can handle this alone... We had this conversation before... Remember." She didn't want anyone to interfere. She didn't want Arcangelo's help.

Arcangelo's face softened as he looked at his sister "Did he do anything?"

Maria Angela shook her head "I am fine."

Lochlan said "She is fine. We established that. So why don't you just give us some time to continue our conversation. And that question is an insult you know... If you ask her such questions it makes me quite grumpy."

Arcangelo said to him "Back off Kennedy."  He then looked at Maria Angela "What did he do? Tell me about his antiques so I can hand his backside to him." Arcangelo needed just one excuse to attack Lochlan. His sister wanted to deal with Lochlan but if he provoked him, he had a reason to jump in.

Lochlan crossed his arms over his chest watching them with a cocky expression on his face.

Maria Angela said "I am fine. We just talked... He did nothing."  She knew Arcangelo wanted to have an excuse to have a confrontation with Lochlan. She wanted to deal with the likes of Lochlan. If she couldn't handle a persistent admirer, then what were her chances of survival as a Rossi?

Lochlan said "Alright. It's getting crowded here. Arcangelo now that you can be certain I did nothing at all, I better get back to my base." He then looked at Maria Angela as he took out a folding knife and opened it. He kissed the blade "It tastes good because you have touched it. You made it yourself you said... It even has your initials. Thanks for offering it to me... I can even smell your perfume on it. This is as close as I get to kissing you for now." He then kissed it one more time before he folded it and put it into his pocket. He spoke as he then walked away "Good night beautiful."

Arcangelo said "That's it. Enough. You are asking for it... You harass my sister late at night and flirt with her. Yet you expect to walk away in once piece? I don't think so."

Lochlan turned around sharply looking at Arcangelo challenging him. "Go on then. Come at me if you want..."

Arcangelo said "Actually I do."

Maria Angela had enough now. She jumped between the two boys. She  put her hand up "Wait a minute. I am right here." She turned to her brother "He can come by. He can keep coming until he gets tired. I don't care. I need to deal with him my way. Arcangelo please let me handle this. There is no need to confront him for flirting with me. If anyone will have to deal him it will be me... I don't want back up. Ever."