(Chapter 5B) - Non-fluffy alternate ending

"So you're really not going?"

"Nope." Irene balances the phone she's pressing between her ear and shoulder. Her hands are still moving over the piano keys - quietly playing the song she can't get out of her head.

"Okay then. I won't force you."

"Thanks."

"Is there anything you want me to tell her?"

"Nope."

Seulgi sighs. "Okay then. Talk to you later."

"Bye." Irene ends the call, sets her phone down and decides to stop playing the sad song and immerse herself in work.

Her phone rings about an hour later and she frowns when she sees the number. Didn't I tell you to never contact me again? And it's your wedding day for crying out loud!

She ignores the call but the ringing never stops.

She sighs and finally grabs the device.

"Didn't I tell you to never contact me again?" She regrets her harsh tone the moment she hears herself but she just can't help it. It hurts.

"Irene-ah, can you come meet me? Please?"

"You're getting married in a few hours! Why would you want to meet me?"

"Please? It will be the last thing I would ever ask from you."

Irene shakes her head. "Where?" She hates her soft spot for Wendy and that tiny voice inside that's still hoping for a miracle.

"The hotel. My room number is 515."

"What?! Won't your family and friends be there?"

"Not in this room. Please?"

"What are you up to, Wendy?"

"Just come. Please."

"Sigh... fine. I'll be there in half an hour."

"Thank you."

Irene stares at her phone for a few seconds. What are you doing, Wendy?

--

She presses the small button and hears the sound of the bell echoing in the room inside.

The door opens a few seconds later and she sees Wendy in full make-up with her long wavy hair gathered to one side.

Irene's jaw drops.

Wendy pulls Irene inside and closes the door.

"Y-you look... Wow..." Irene gulps as she looks at Wendy. She almost drools but catches herself just in time.

"Thank you." Wendy grabs the back of Irene's head and kisses her without warning.

"W-whoa..." Irene pushes Wendy back. "What are you doing?!"

Wendy doesn't reply to that. She keeps trying to kiss Irene.

"W-wendy! Yah!" Irene turns her head away. "You're getting married!"

That stops Wendy. She starts to sob - hiding her face in her palms, her shoulders shaking.

"W-wha..." Irene doesn't understand what's going on but she hugs Wendy by reflex, comforting her. "Hey... what's wrong?" Her voice softens. She slowly rubs Wendy's back.

"I-I'm so confused..." Wendy whispers between sobs.

"About?"

Wendy tries to stop crying. "A-about everything." She wipes her eyes, fully knowing that her make-up has been ruined.