Chapter 17

"Hey Pipes are you okay?"
Piper stopped walking and turned to face Jason.
'I'm okay Sparky, just have a little bit of information to work through.'
Jason opened his arms and Piper stepped into them for a brief hug.
"I'm sorry you came with me Pipes, I should have gone on this crazy mission on my own!" Leo threw down his hat before sitting down where he stood. Piper sat cross legged in front of him and put her hands on his shoulders.
"Leo we chose to follow you. When you first suggested the mutany you gave us all the choice to leave the ship at the next port and we chose to stay. You have given us an adventure, a purpose and a real life captain and I for one wouldn't have it any other way."
She picked up his hat and placed it back on his head as she stood up.
'Me neither dude, getting to travel through time and meet new people has been way more fun than pretending to be a pirate crew.'
Jason smiled down and offered Leo a hand. Leo took it and smiled at his closest friends. He put his arms around their shoulders and they walked back towards the ship.

"What do you think the next clue is? Where do you think it will take us?" Percy was sitting having lunch with Annabeth and voicing his thoughts out loud.
'Pay attention Seaweed Brain! The first clue was Leo's mom's necklace and the second clue was a lion.'
Percy thought about it and answered hesitantly "so this whole journey is all about Leo?"
Annabeth nodded her head.
'Not just a pretty face, pretty boy.'
"Do you really think I have a pretty face?"
Annabeth leaned forward and kissed his cheek.
'Yes I do. But you're also one of the smartest people I know.'
Percy reached out and pushed her hair behind her ear.
"Well I think you're really pretty too."
Annabeth blushed before carrying on with her lunch.

"Did you see anything when you went out to the dinghy sailor Kahale? Anything interesting perhaps?" Michael, Lavinia and Clarisse were sitting together eating. Michael lay down his fork before replying. 'Interesting in what way?'
"Oh anything, you know how I enjoy a good story so the more details the better."
Michael eyed Lavinia suspiciously. 'Just come out and ask him exactly what it is you think you know.'
Clarisse rolled her eyes at Lavinia's attempts at subtelty. The girl was about as delicate as a hammer.
"Fine. Did you see anything happen between the captain and Leo? I know di Angelo wouldn't just get on any sailing vessel unless he had a good reason."
'Perhaps he was as keen as the rest of us to find a new adventure?'
"Hmm, perhaps."

"Kahale, Jackson, help me lower the gangplank! I see our landing party has returned."

"So what did you find out there?"
Leo looked to Piper and smiled gently at her.
'We found my mom. Well my and Michael's mom, hey older bro. She gave Leo the next clue.'
"We have to sail into the Silver Sea and in the middle of the night I will find a cave that I need to enter. Inside I will find my next clue."