Chapter 13

"That Reyna seems pretty badass, she's not afraid of a challenge and I like that."
Piper and Annabeth were getting ready for bed, discussing the rest of the evening.
'I like her too, she's got a tough shell but I think she's really gentle on the inside.'

"That Lavinia girl seems a lot friendlier than the others don't you think?"
Percy was pacing the room he shared with Jason. Jason shook his head at his bunkmate.
'You're only saying that because Reyna agreed with Piper that you're only okay looking.'
"No! She talks way more than the rest too. They all act like British people in oldtimey movies, it's a little weird." 'Perce they're from the 1900s, that's normal for them. Just forget about it and get some rest. If it makes you feel better I think you're a handsome enough guy and you know Annabeth agrees.'

"Did Captain Firebeard know your mother?" Michael was looking from the necklace in Leo's hand to the dinghy and back to Leo.
'I mean he could have, he took me in when she passed and I never asked if he knew her.'
"Do you know why he would have held onto this?"
Nico was looking at Leo with his eyebrows pulled together in concern. He hadn't moved since he picked up the necklace and his voice had lost all emotion.
'This is the second clue. This necklace had been passed down my mom's family all the way from a relative in Spain. I guess the Silver Sea must be out that way.'
"Then that is the way we go. Let us return to the ship and inform the rest of the crew where our heading is."

"Pardon me, but I did not quite catch that sentiment?" Hazel had moved closer to Frank to hear him better and he blushed.
'I said only some people. I'm only good around small groups unless I'm in charge.'
"I think you are better around people than you believe. Your crew respects you and that can only be gained if they trust you completely."
Frank's blush grew until his whole head felt like it was on fire.
"T-Thank y-you. You're a really good leader too. You're kind to everybody even though you don't even know the rest of us."
'Kindness costs us nothing sailor Zhang.' "P-please call me Frank."
'Of course, Frank. Now let us head to the deck and see if the others have returned.'

"Welcome back Captain, I trust you found something worthwhile out there?"
'Very much so sailor Levesque, we know now where we will find our next clue. Sailor Zhang if you could wake the others, we will be sailing through the night to Spain. Kahale you will ask Jackson which direction we are to head in and keep us on course until we arrive.'
Michael nodded and went to the helm of the ship where a map had been put up. Leo was standing beside Nico looking tired and somewhat out of it. "Is everything all right Captain?" Hazel flicked her eyes over Leo as she asked.
"I am afraid Leo will need a bit of time to process this clue, will you please continue to man the ship until he is well again?"
Hazel nodded then Nico took Leo by the arm and placed him on his usual deck chair to rest.