24. Magnet For Bad Decision Making

Start from the beginning

  I pulled open the front door and fell to pieces at the smiling, diamond shaped face looking back at me.

  "Believe it or not I went to wrong bloody house," he chuckled.

  "Idiot," I smiled.

  "Come 'ere you," he smiled softly and wrapped his arms tight around me. "It's so damn good to see ya."

Ever since they'd gotten back they'd been busy making last minute touch ups in the studio and preparing for a long winded tour following the release of their next album. I'd never been to an album release party before, so when they all invited me I was stunned on what to do. Of course, like any other person, I promised I'd come and spent pretty much the whole month leading up to it planning on what to wear and all that jazz.

It was easier to let any stray thoughts about Alex go now that he and Arielle were dating. They fit like the perfect jigsaw pieces. The only time I ever felt anything in my stomach about it was when I once spotted a small mark on Alex's neck, just above his collar. But I flushed that out as fast as it came.

Christian and I hadn't been getting better nor worse. We were in stalemate for the time being. He left back up to San Fransisco for another week but came back just in time for the album release that the guy's had generously allowed me to bring him along to.

"So what's the whole ordeal?" Christian asked, doing his hair in the mirror as I struggled with the zip on the back of my dress.

"Huh?"

"What do we do tonight?" Christian asked, looking at me through the mirror. "Show up? Do we listen to songs or what?"

I shrugged, "we support them," I said. "I haven't been to one either so I'm not really sure babe. Try not to sound so uninterested when we're there please."

Christian chuckled and adjusted the jacket on his shoulders, flicking off the en-suite light and walking over to me. "I'm not uninterested," he said, placing a hand on my back and moving my hand off the zipper. "I just don't know what to expect, music's not really my thing," he said and gently did up the top part of the zipper, hooking the dress together at the top.

"Thank you," I smiled up at him as he moved his hands to my hips.

"Do I look okay?" He asked as I moved my hands up his chest.

"You always do," I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Alright, hurry up and get your shoes on or we're gonna be late again," he chuckled, squeezed my bum, and moved away from me to go and grab his phone from the other room.

I grabbed a pair of heels and my bag, deciding I was better off putting my shoes on in the car than expecting Christian to patiently wait for me.

  "You ready O? Let's go," Christian called out, his footsteps echoing passed my bedroom door as he made his way to the front door.

  "Yep! Coming!" I called back and quickly switched off my bedroom light and moved down the hall.

  "You got shoes?" he asked me, looking at my bare feet quizzically.

  "Yeah I'll put them on in the car," I said, I'd already learnt my lesson he didn't need to point it out.

  "Just get ready earlier babe," he chuckled and opened the front door, "then you can be ready to go straight away."

  "Yup, thanks, didn't think of that before," I said with a hint of sarcasm and moved passed him. I bet he rolled his eyes after I said that but I didn't look back at him to make sure.